Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 06:51:26 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Fall Crops At Riverberry Farm On The Goose Pond Road
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fall Crops At Riverberry Farm On The Goose Pond Road  ( 2342 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 16, 2010, 09:13:50 AM »

Hi,

This is the great harvest time of the year when the fall crops are coming in and many summer crops are still in.  The stand is overflowing with a beautiful crop of pumpkins and winter squash, as well as raspberries available for pick-your-own.  For a full list of what we have, go to riverberryfarm.com and click on This Week in the Farm Stand for updates on what we are harvesting and stocking. 

This year we are selling some gorgeous garlic which our farm manager, Eliza, grows on land she rents from us.   Her farm name is Knee Deep Farm; love that name.  Look for her garlic also at City Market and Healthy Living.

Around October 1st, we will have the annual Winter Storage Crop order forms in the stand, where you can order cases of winter squash, potatoes, onions, carrots, beets, cabbage and purple-top turnips at wholesale prices.  The orders will then be ready for pick-up at the stand in early November.  It's a great way to keep eating local food through the winter and a great way for CSA members to use up the last of your credit.

The stand is open until sunset on Halloween!  So stock up now!  Freeze your corn, tomatoes, broccoli, kale.  Can up your relishes and raspberry jam.  Winter is just around the corner.  Nothing makes me fill "richer" than having the wood stacked and the pantry and freezer full!! 

CSA Members:  Don't forget that your credit does not roll-over to next year unless you join again by paying the full membership fee.   In other words, the best idea is to use up your credit by Halloween, when the stand closes for the season.   The terminal had some hiccups a few days ago but has recovered now, so please use your card (or write down, carry with you and hand enter the numbers on the back of your card including those pesky 9 zeroes).  It saves us lots of office work and gives us more time to grow the food!

Thanks so much for your support!
Eat good food!

Jane, David, Huck and Ada
and our great crew at
River Berry Farm

Henry Raymond
Shadylane08
: 125

« #1 : September 16, 2010, 11:11:44 AM »

My girlfriend, and her mother went to riverberry last weekend and were quite surprised at how many raspberries were left for pick your own, and they were delicious!  They also bought corn on the cob there and again it was great!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: