Town Offace FAQs

1. What is the tax rate for the year 2005? There are two tax rates for the year 2005. The residential tax rate is $1.4737. The non-residential tax rate is $1.5946.
2. What is the tax year? April 1 through March 31.
3. When do tax bills go out? Tax bills go out around the end of July, beginning of August of each year.
4. When are tax bills due? Tax bills are due on November 15th of each year-one installment. Payments can be made throughout the year.
5. What are the Town Clerk's hours? The Town Clerk's hours are Monday 9 a.m.-4 p.m. & First & Third Mondays - 6 to 8 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
6. When are dog licenses due? Dog licenses are due on April 1st of each year. After April 1st late charges will be assessed. You can come in any time after January 1st to license your dogs; you do not need to wait until April. Just be sure that you have a valid rabies certificate.
7. What are the Zoning Administrator's hours? The Zoning Administrator is usually in the office Monday through Thursday between 10 AM and 2 PM and Monday evenings between 6 and 8 PM. His schedule is posted each week and anyone can call him or the town clerk's office to confirm his hours. The zoning office is normally closed on Friday. Our Zoning Administrator's name is Skip Taylor. His direct number is 849-6111. The zoning secretary is also in the office througout the week, except for Fridays. Her name is Cathy Raymond. Her direct phone number is 849-6111.
8. What are the listers' hours? The listers' office hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:30AM to 4:00PM. If you have any questions regarding property value or reappraisal questions please call them at 849-6111.
9. What is the charge for recording documents in the land records? It costs $7.00 per page to record documents in the land records.
10. Do we have a Town dumping place for garbage in Fairfax? No. We do not have a dumping station. You would need to call our contracted garbage company "Clean Green Sanitation" for instructions on what to do with large amounts of garbage or large items. Their toll free # is 1-866-541-6196
11. Do I need a burning permit to burn brush and how do I obtain one? Yes, a burning permit should be obtained to burn brush. For details you can contact Karen Langelier at 849-2230.

Go to Top of Page Go to Home Page