FAIRFAX TOWN OFFICE
PC MEMBERS PRESENT: G. Heyer, M Hunziker, A. Lemieux, R. Wimble, D. Brown
PUBLIC PRESENT: S. Taylor, G. Brunswick, NRPC
7:00 PM G. Heyer called the meeting to order. The minutes from October 6, 2009 and the workshop on October 13, 2009 were reviewed. A. Lemieux made a motion to accept both sets of minutes from October 6, 2009 and October 13, 2009. M. Hunziker second. All in favor.
The Board continued to discuss the “Draft Use Table”. G. Brunswick hopes to show greater differentiation between the various Districts. Various topics were discussed including:
* Retail sales;
* Personal or professional services;
* Sprawl along Route 104;
* Re-use of structures such as old barns;
* Encourage business growth in the village center of Fairfax, not the rural areas;
* Daycare facilities;
* General size of small motor vehicle repair shops (as obtained by S. Taylor and A. Lemieux), the size of the
building should determine the size of the vehicles and the number of employees needed, also they will
require site plan and conditional use review for the allowed districts;
* Non-residential contractor yards; (G. Brunswick will re-visit this category);
* Rooming and Boarding Houses (change definitions to more than two rooms);
* Off-grid wind turbines (if on the grid, they need Public Service Board approval - not in the Town’s
The discussion then changed to Planned Unit Developments (PUD). The Board discussed the proposed new “Section 2.5 Planned Unit Development”. G. Brunswick also gave the Board a copy of State Statute regarding PUDs. S. Taylor handed out a definition of PUD that he proposed could be in the beginning of the section. The first part of his definition will be added. The Applicability Section may be folded into the section on Application Requirements.
PUD requirements were discussed. The threshold for a PUD may be 4 or more acres. A project with 10 or more lots may be required to be a PUD. Open land may be a requirement. Fragmentation of the open land is a separate issue and it is important to minimize fragmentation.
Next meeting will be on November 3, 2009 with G. Brunswick.
Cathy Raymond, Zoning and Planning Assistant
Approved_____________________________________ Date______________, 2009
These minutes are unofficial until approved at the next regularly scheduled meeting.