FAIRFAX TOWN OFFICE
PC MEMBERS PRESENT: G. Heyer, M Hunziker, D. Brown, A. Lemieux, R. Wimble
PUBLIC PRESENT: S. Taylor, ZA
7:00 PM G. Heyer called the meeting to order. The minutes from April 21, 2009 were reviewed.
A. Lemieux made a motion to accept the Minutes from April 21, 2009. M. Hunziker second. All in favor.
The Board worked on the new Article 3: Zoning District allowed uses. A copy of their recommendations will be sent to G. Brunswick, NRPC. The following items were recognized as areas to be revised:
1. Shore Land District to be changed to Recreation District.
2. “Accessory Use” should be changed to “Accessory Use/Structure”.
3. Professional Service – will need clarification of Conditional Use Regulations as referenced in the Daycare
4. Separate “in-home day care” from “daycare center”, and define both.
5. Change definition of “mixed use” to reference not just a building but a use (can be a home and a use such as a mini-golf course).
6. Change definition of “Rooming and Boarding House” to reference rental to more than two (2) persons.
7. Separate “Veterinary Office” from “Kennels and Animal Boarding”.
8. Not sure what WEC’s are.
S. Taylor talked about PUD’s. He made copies of the PUD regulations for Middlebury and Starksboro (two towns
G. Brunswick mentioned) that will be sent to the PC Board members before the next meeting.
G. Heyer asked for input on the proposed communications tower on Nichols Road. M. Hunziker suggested the need for a master plan for building towers. S. Taylor mentioned the Pubic Service Board hopefully will consolidate towers for the various companies. Communication towers are exempt from local permitting as long as they build at least three towers within three years.
The next meeting will be on May 19th with G. Brunswick.
9:10 PM M. Hunziker made a motion to adjourn. D. Brown second. All in favor.
Cathy Raymond, Zoning and Planning Assistant
Approved_____________________________________ Date______________, 2009
These minutes are unofficial until approved at the next regularly scheduled meeting.