GENERAL MINUTES

Members Present: J. Heyer, B. Murphy, C. Rainville, J. Beers, C. Streets

Alternate Present: S. Jones

Public Present: S. Taylor, ZA

 

7:00 PM J. Heyer called the meeting to order. The minutes from May 7, 2008 were reviewed. B. Murphy made a motion to accept the general minutes from May 7, 2008. C. Streets second. All in favor.

C. Streets made a motion to accept the Boissonneault minutes from May 7, 2008 with corrections. J. Beers second. J. Heyer, B. Murphy, C. Rainville, J. Beers, and C. Streets in favor. B. Murphy made a motion to accept the Quong minutes as written. C. Rainville second. J. Heyer, B. Murphy, C. Rainville, and S. Jones in favor. One project was scheduled for June 18, 2008: Campolungo - Conditional Use of a Motocross Track. The site visit write-up for the Smail project on Rounds Road was submitted. The Engineer never staked out the property. The Board will need to warn the next site visit, but only after they have been assured the work has been done. The Paper Map and Mylar for the Young project - Contingent to Final Approval was reviewed.

B. Murphy made a motion to approve the Mylar for Contingent to Final Approval for the Young project. C. Rainville second. C. Rainville, J. Heyer and S. Jones in favor. J. Heyer signed the Mylar.

 

7:20 PM CASSIDY ESTATES PRELIMINARY PLAT

 

8:10 PM FAIRFAX INVESTMENTS PRELIMINARY PLAT

 

8:30 PM BEAUMIER CONDITIONAL USE

 

8:55 PM The minutes from the McNamara/Pease-Stratton recessed combined hearing were reviewed. S. Jones made a motion to accept the McNamara/Pease-Stratton minutes with changes noted. B. Murphy second. J. Heyer, B. Murphy, C. Rainville, J. Beers and S. Jones in favor. The two Mylars for the Garland Project were reviewed. C. Rainville made a motion to approve the Warren Robenstien Paper Map and Mylar for the Garland Project. C. Streets second. All in favor. J. Heyer signed the Mylar. C. Streets made a motion to approve the Peatman Surveying Inc. Paper Map and Mylar for the Garland Project. C. Rainville second. All in favor. J. Heyer signed the Mylar. The Covi/Jones Revision Mylar was reviewed. B. Murphy made a motion to accept the Paper Map and Mylar for the Covi/Jones project. C. Streets second. All in favor. J. Heyer signed the Mylar.

9:25 PM C. Streets made a motion to adjourn. C. Rainville second. All in favor.

 

 

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Cathy Raymond, Planning and Zoning Assistant

 

 

 

Approved: ________________________________ Date: _________________2008

For the Development Review Board

 

These minutes are unofficial until approved at the next regularly scheduled meeting.

All motions were unanimously approved unless otherwise indicated.

 

 

 

CASSIDY ESTATES PRELIMINARY PLAT REVIEW

 

DRB Roll Call: J. Heyer, B. Murphy, C. Rainville, C. Streets Alternate Present: S. Jones

Public Present: S. Taylor, Z.A.; J. Beers; J. Caissy; R. Greenough; C. Collins

 

7:15 PM J. Heyer called the meeting to order. The public notice was read and attendees signed in. Interested parties were sworn in. J. Beers recused herself as an Interested Party. C. Collins, Engineer, made the presentation. Waste water disposal and wells will all meet State Standards. The road lay-out has not changed. Setbacks have been added. The Road name of Quincy Road has been accepted by the Selectboard. The Road Access Permit Application has been submitted, but not yet approved. The shared driveway ROW has been increased to 60 feet to accommodate a ditch on both sides. Stone lined ditches will be put in for slopes greater than 5%. There may be pipes for storm water put in. The location of an easement on the property was discussed. There may be a future meeting between the Applicant and the Selectboard regarding this easement. C. Collins said they hoped to keep a tree buffer.

 

B. Murphy asked about the Covenants for the project. A copy was previously received on May 12, 2008. J. Heyer asked J. Beers about the Covenants, as she is a duplex owner whose property is part of this development. J. Beers said their Attorney, and the Attorney for the applicant, are still discussing the issue, and the Covenants have not been finalized regarding the existing Duplex homes. There are still issues involving wells, septic pumps, filtration systems and others. B.Murphy mentioned she had some questions for the applicant, but he did not attend the meeting. If the project is not approved the existing violation will not be resolved. The issue of wetlands was brought up. C. Collins said that Amy Norris from the State Wet Lands Office walked the property with B. Superneau. B. Murphy asked about affordable housing. Mr. Collins did not know the answer. J. Beers thought the Applicant planned to build smaller homes. B. Murphy questioned if the project met the qualifications of a PUD. She was not sure if one acre lots, was clustering of homes. She also wanted to know how the community would benefit from this project. C. Collins referred to the undisturbed large parcel of property. J. Caissy said there was poor access to the rest of the land. J. Beers said the land is swampy and drops off. B. Murphy said if this project is approved, the property could not be further developed. There was more discussion on lack of frontage for lots 1 and 2. The arrangement they proposed would preserve open space. J. Beers thought the homes would have a clustered look. J. Caissy asked about the driveway for lots 1 and 2, as Fletcher road has a lot of fast moving traffic. The driveway will be shared. C. Collins said the houses would be further back from the traffic on Fletcher Road. J. Beers asked what kind of septic system was proposed. It will be Conventional. There was no more public input. C. Streets made a motion to approve the preliminary plat with the action items noted. S. Jones second. All in favor.

 

ACTION ITEMS:

1. Copy of Covenants, or other resolving document, notarized and signed by both Duplex Owners and Applicant, addressing

issues such as common land and any other common elements such as wells or septic areas.

2. Language in Deeds showing total amount of acreage to be owned by the Duplex Owners, to be in compliance with the

Fairfax Zoning Bylaws.

3. Name of adjoining land owner to be corrected on Plat, - Wimette on 4 Gifted Road

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Cathy Raymond, Zoning and Planning Assistant

 

Approved: ________________________________ Date: _________________2008

For the Development Review Board

 

 

These minutes are unofficial until approved at the next regularly scheduled meeting.

All motions were unanimously approved unless otherwise indicated.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FAIRFAX INVESTMENTS PRELIMINARY PLAT

 

DRB Roll Call: J. Heyer, B. Murphy, C. Rainville, J. Beers Alternate Present: S. Jones

Public Present: S. Taylor, Z.A.; C. Streets; D. Handy, G. Handy

 

8:10 PM J. Heyer called the meeting to order. The public notice was read and attendees signed in. Interested parties were sworn in. B. Murphy asked if the project was a PRD, or a PUD. When the original project came in it was a Planned Residential Development (PRD). Today there are only Planned Unit Developments (PUD). All PRDs have been absorbed into PUDs. G. Handy said all the action items from the last hearing have been satisfied. Mr. Handy then talked about trees to be planted in the development, and others that are dead or dying and will be replaced. The road is paved and a final coat will be done after construction is finished. B. Murphy asked about open space. There is an open space area by the pond. There is more open land now, but it will be developed eventually. Density calculations for the whole project were discussed. S. Taylor also added that the regulations have changed for that district. Before, a lot could have 1/3 acre, now it would need acre. The maps received after the Sketch Plan will be used as a reference to this project.

(Cross Engineering Map (S1), designed by S. Ruggiano, dated 03/28/01 and Cross Engineering Map (M1- Master Plan), designed by S. Ruggiano, dated 05/20/2002). B. Murphy asked J. Heyer if the waiver of the road width has been clarified enough. The Town did receive a written request by S. Ruggiano, Engineer, on Feb. 25, 2008, for a deviation to the Town of Fairfax Zoning Bylaws regarding the width of the road. B. Murphy made a motion to approve the Preliminary Plat with the action items noted. J. Beers second. All in favor.

 

ACTION ITEMS:

1. Owner of Record on Plat should be Fairfax Investments, not Gabe Handy.

2. Notation on common land should show LLP, not LLC

 

 

 

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Cathy Raymond, Zoning and Planning Assistant

 

Approved: ________________________________ Date: _________________2008

For the Development Review Board

 

These minutes are unofficial until approved at the next regularly scheduled meeting.

All motions were unanimously approved unless otherwise indicated.

 

 

 

 

 

BEAUMIER/GIFFORD CONDITIONAL USE

 

DRB Roll Call: J. Heyer, B. Murphy, C. Rainville, C. Streets, J. Beers

Public Present: S. Taylor, Z.A.; E. Cantwell; D. Geisweit; A. Gifford; P. Beaumier

 

8:30 PM J. Heyer called the meeting to order. The public notice was read and attendees signed in. Interested parties were sworn in. This project will include a public facility (school) with a second use of a private residence. The residence is one level, and the bedrooms on the main level will probably be converted to classrooms. The applicants also own a second parcel that is on the property. The renters will be leaving shortly. The applicants have talked to an Engineer and to the State regarding septic requirements. They are still working on that part of the project. J. Heyer asked about the number of students expected. She said there would probably be a maximum of 10, but she expects around eight. They are not proposing to build any additional structures at this time. B. Murphy asked about the driveway. S. Taylor stated they are not creating any new lots or units, so the driveway is adequate as is. B. Murphy also asked about set back distances.

J. Heyer asked if they needed an Access Permit from the Vermont Agency of Transportation for the change in use from residential to commercial. The State Permit specialist will be contacted. E. Cantwell said the person to contact would be Mr. Reed, at VTRAN, in St. Albans. The applicants may also need various permits from Labor and Industry, Fire and Safety, Dept. of Education and Wastewater, to name a few. B. Murphy asked about outdoor lighting and/or signs. A. Gifford said they will follow the regulations for signs. C. Streets questioned the need for Site Plan review. There will be no alterations to the existing site, therefore Site Plan review is not required. C. Rainville asked about the Septic design. All State regulations will be followed. The Applicants said they are working on getting non-profit status from the State. The grade levels will be 7-12. They do not encourage the students to drive themselves. There was no more public input. C. Streets made a motion to close the hearing to public input and move to deliberative. J. Beers second. All in favor.

 

 

EXHIBITS RECEIVED:

1. Information on Equine Studies at Avalon Triumvirate Academy

2. Additional Information on other topics the school focuses on.

3. Detailed map of project area.

 

ITEMS TO BE COMPLETED BEFORE A TOWN PERMIT FOR THE SCHOOL IS ISSUED:

1. Verification of trash collection for Business.

2. All required State Permits issued.

 

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Cathy Raymond, Zoning and Planning Assistant

 

Approved: ________________________________ Date: _________________2008

For the Development Review Board

 

 

These minutes are unofficial until approved at the next regularly scheduled meeting.

All motions were unanimously approved unless otherwise indicated.