The minutes presented below
are unapproved , subject to corrections
and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or
additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer,
wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town
Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.
Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.
TOWN OF FAIRFAX
SELECTBOARD MEETING MINUTES
Selectboard Members Present: Robert Horr, Randy DeVine, Chris Santee, David Shea and Tom Fontaine.
Call to Order: Bob called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Public Present: Ray Ingram, Jr., Peter King, Constable and Health Officer; Katrina Antonovich, Recreation Department Director and Heidi Joyce, VLCT Wellness Coordinator.
Deb Woodward, TC & Treasurer
Deb comes in this evening to update the Board on the upcoming Primary (August 28th) and handed out a volunteer sign-up sheet for that day. Fran will have the office open on that day to conduct regular business. She stated that the bar code scanner was installed on Thursday 8/16 and is up and running. The new copier has the capability to fax but another telephone line is needed in order to perform that function; Tom will check on this. Going to a fiscal year was again discussed along with what would be the proper procedure of
transitioning into this. Deb stated that it may be time to hire an I.T. person as the town is getting larger. Deb will be on vacation September 14 through 21st and will be back to work on Monday the 24th.
Public Input: Ray Ingram, Jr. - MoMac Cancer Paddleathon & Vermont Pro Boat Challenge
Ray presented to the Board this evening to discuss an event for canoes and kayaks to take place on October 14. He plans on holding this event annually to raise money for cancer in honor of two local women who passed away in 2010 from cancer. The event will start behind the Town Garage in Cambridge and finish at the falls bridge in Fairfax. The Town asked Ray for a parking plan and a traffic control plan as well as compliance with the guidelines recommended by VTrans. Peter King, Town Constable also weighed in on suggestions for signage and controlling pedestrian participation. After meeting with Ray, and satisfying any questions the Board had, the Board approved the event and feel that it's not in any violation of town regulations. The Board by consensus authorized Bob to sign the letter on their behalf.
7:50 p.m. Katrina Antonovich, Recreation Department Director
Katrina came in this evening to talk to the Board about attending a couple of conferences that are coming up in September. She talked to the Board about the 100 acre woods in North Fairfax and writing a grant for a trail system on that property. She talked about her budget and projected plans for next year as well as her job description. The Board talked to her regarding archiving her files and keeping a copy in the vault.
8:20 p.m. Heidi Joyce, VLCT Wellness Coordinator
Heidi came in this meeting to meet with the Board to discuss "Wellness Leader Guidelines" and what's available to employees on the Town's insurance plan.
Orders & Purchase Orders: Reviewed by Randy
Minutes 8/6/12 - Tabled until 9/4/12
Chris made the motion to accept the minutes with one correction; seconded by Dave. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
1. A.M. Peisch request for auditing services reviewed for 2012.
2. Letter received from Jade Hotchkiss for Miss Teen reviewed. A response will be sent to Jade.
3. Highway Crew Position: The Board by consensus agreed to offer Lesley Combs the position with a start date of 9/10/12.
4. Legal matters: Bob updated the Board regarding legal matters involving MAl166.
5. Building Committee: The Town is currently looking at two parcels as possible sites for a future town office. Purchase and sales agreement were discussed. There will be a meeting held on 9/8/12 at 10:00 a.m. in the multi-purpose room at the school.
6. A sidewalk design kick-off meeting was discussed. The plan is to hold it on Wednesday August 29 at 7 p.m. at BFA. The room will be announced later pending approval from the school.
7. VLCT Annual Business Meeting 10/4/12 discussed.
8. The next SB meeting will be held on September 4th a Tuesday. The 3rd is a
9. Randy asked for a plan of action on a delinquent water account located at FR0064 in the amount of $178.23, current is $130.15 for a total of $308.38, plus any reconnection charges.
*Randy made the motion to place a lien on the property located at FR0064. The water was shut off on 8/20/12. The motion was seconded by Chris. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
9:56 p.m. Chris made a motion to enter into executive session to discuss personnel matters; seconded by Tom. Discussion: None. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
Exit Executive Session:
11:01 p.m. Dave made a motion to exit executive session; seconded by Randy.
The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
11:03 p.m. Chris made the motion to adjourn; seconded by Randy. The motion carried with all in favor 5-0.
The next regular scheduled Selectboard meeting will be held September 4th, a Tuesday at 7 p.m. unless otherwise warned.
Respectfully submitted by Stacy M. Wells, Administrative Assistant to the SelectBoard.
Robert A. Horr, Chair