The minutes presented below
are unapproved , subject to corrections
and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or
additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer,
wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town
Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.
Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.
TOWN OF FAIRFAX
SELECTBOARD MEETING MINUTES
MONDAY, May 21, 2012
FAIRFAX TOWN OFFICE - 7:00 PM
Selectboard Members Present: Bob Horr, Randy DeVine, Chris Santee, David Shea and Tom Fontaine.
Public Present: Don Pigeon, Road Foreman; Amy Sears, Utility Department; Skip Taylor, Zoning Administrator.
7:00 P.M. - Call to Order: Bob called the meeting to order.
Agenda Items:Deviation from Agenda
Don Pigeon, Road Foreman
Don came in this evening to discuss an incident that happened on Swamp Road last week. The road had recently been graded. A woman came into the Town Office Thursday May 17th stating that she hit a rock that caused damaged to the underneath of her car relating it to the recently graded road. The procedure on how this will be handled was discussed. We will submit a report to the VLCT with the information on the incident that we have been given.
Amy Sears – Utility Department
Amy came in this evening to discuss information regarding available monies in their budget for drilling a back-up well. Available logging money was discussed as a possible source for financing the project. A second well #125 located on Wheezy Way was discussed as a possibility.
Dave made the motion to enter into executive session at 7:25 p.m. to discuss a personnel matter; seconded by Chris. The motion carried with a vote 4-0-1.
Exit Executive Session:
Chris made the motion to exit executive session at 8:00 pm; seconded by Tom. Motion carried; vote 4-0-1.
Skip Taylor, Zoning Administrator
Skip came in to talk to the Board regarding a new mapping contract with the Board. He gave the new Board members a history of what has transpired over the past couple of years with updating the mapping to the town. He had received three proposals, references were checked and Avatar was awarded the contract.
*Dave made a motion to award the mapping contract to Avatar for $6300.00. The contract was signed by all five Board members. Tom seconded the motion. Discussion. The motion carried with a vote of
*Dave made a motion to move the $200.00 a month from repayment of Hindel & Noyes with a total to date of $1000.00 to the zoning/lister’s budget to pay for the balance of the new contract amount. The motion was seconded by Tom. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
*Tom made the motion to accept the minutes as written; seconded by Dave. Discussion: Randy had some changes to the minutes. The motion failed with a vote of 4-0-1.
*Dave made a motion to accept the minutes as amended; seconded by Tom. Discussion. Motion carried. Vote 4-0-1.
Orders/Purchase Order: Reviewed by Randy.
1. HSA vs. COBRA cost for insurance for the newly hired Fire Lieutenantwas discussed.
2. Liquor permit for a wedding reception 5/26/12 at NI0464 – not to exceed 100 people.
*Dave made the motion to approve signing the permit; seconded by Tom. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
3. Land Lease agreement in North Fairfax: Dave made the motion to approve the renewal of the land lease for $100.00; seconded by Randy. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1. The letter and agreement will be sent to the Hatins for their signature and payment.
4. CVPS – Electric Service Extension and Relocation Contract for the Rec. Department. The cost was discussed along with alternatives. Tom will talk to Katrina in the Rec. Department before signing the contract.
5. Dog Ordinance – Rabies Vaccination Exemptions discussed. The Dog Ordinance will be updated to integrate this exemption into it.
*Dave made a motion to allow the resident to license both dogs in accordance with the vaccination exemption with a vet certification for each dog, which will be verified by a vet yearly for each dog; seconded by Tom. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
6. A letter to Kevin Hastings regarding a water easement at Amoskeag scripted by Bob was discussed. The Board agreed to send the letter.
7. Chris informed the Board he had talked to Carolyn Branagan, State Representative and that there are monies available for culverts. He will get Don and Carolyn together to discuss this.
Chris made the motion to adjourn the meeting; seconded by Tom. The motion carried; Vote 5-0.
The next Selectboard meeting will be held Monday, June 4, 2012at 7:00 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Stacy M. Wells, Administrative Assistant to the Selectboard
Robert A. Horr, Chair