The minutes presented below
are unapproved , subject to corrections
and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or
additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer,
wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town
Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.
Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.
TOWN OF FAIRFAX
SELECTBOARD MEETING MINUTES
MONDAY, April 30, 2012
FAIRFAX TOWN OFFICE - 7:00 PM
Selectboard Members Present: Bob Horr, Randy DeVine, Chris Santee, David Shea and Tom Fontaine.
Public Present:John Mitchell, Skip Taylor, ZA, Michelle Dufresne, Jack Milne, Pike Industries and Dick McAvenia, S.D. Ireland
7:00 P.M. - Call to Order: Bob called the meeting to order.
Deviation from Agenda - Paving bids:
Don Pigeon, Road Foreman, was here for the opening of three sealed bids for the price on paving asphalt. The following are the bids: S.D. Ireland at $82.40/ton, Pike Industries Inc. at $74.49/ton and Whitcomb Construction Corporation at $82.00/ton. The contract was awarded to Pike Industries at the above stated price of $74.49/ton laid in place.
Access Permit Application was received from Bonnie and Mark Labrie fora road cut on Beeman Road, dated 4/10/12. Don reviewed the permit and stated that a culvert wasn’t necessary.
Don asked if NWRP could look at the intersection of Megan Road and Chaffee Road as a possible site for guardrail placement. A resident has requested this as she went off the road at this intersection. Don would like a second opinion before going ahead and doing this.NWRP will conduct a traffic study on Fletcher Road.
Skip Taylor, Zoning Administrator
Skip is here to present the tabulated survey results for a new Town Office to the Board. The seventy-four survey results were discussed (2300 surveys were sent out). It was the consensus of the Board to get information out to the voters of the Town and move forward with the project. The Town will contact the School Board and schedule a meeting with them to gather more information regarding questions asked from a prior meeting concerning the garage in the parking lot.
Justin Hayes & Tom Snyder – Fairfax Fire Department
Justin and Tom are here to discuss the hiring process for the new position of Fire Lieutenant. They will be conducting interviews on May 1st,with a possible start date for the new hire in early June. Thebudget was discussed as well as benefits and a job review in six months. It’s a consensus of the Board to wait on further discussion until the interview process is over and a candidate is recommended.
Chris made the motion to approve the minutes as written; seconded by Tom. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
Orders/Purchase Order: Reviewed by Randy and approved by the Board.
1. The new Impact Fee Schedule, effective 4/20/12, needs to be signed. *Tom made the motion allowing Bob to sign the new schedule based on the implementation of the new Capital Plan and Budget. The motion was seconded by Dave. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
2. Town appointments were completed, please see appointment sheet.
3. TE Grant contract for Phase I Sidewalks was received and needs a signature.
*Chris made the motion authorizing Bob to sign on behalf of the Board; seconded by Tom. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
4. Purchasing a scanner for the Clerk’s office continued from the 4/16/12 meeting resumed from the 4/16/12 meeting. The Board will review a quarterly report to determine if it’s feasible to purchase the equipment at this time.
5. Sewer Status is reviewed twice a year. Randy updated the sewer status allocation report. There is one sewer allocation request on file, which the Board would like to discuss with the applicant prior to authorizing any allocation. We will contact the applicant to set-up a meeting to discuss the project.
6. HHWD was discussed. We will contact GoodPoint Recycling to pick-up the electronics at the Town Garage. They have been scheduled for pick-up on Monday, May 7th.
7. A water easement with Amoskeag on Fletcher Road was discussed. We will contact Kevin Hastings before proceeding further.
9:43 PM Adjourn:
Dave made the motion to adjourn the meeting; seconded by Tom. The motion carried; Vote 5-0.
The next Selectboard meeting will be held Monday, May 7that 7:00 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Stacy M. Wells, Administrative Assistant to the Selectboard
Robert A. Horr, Chair