The minutes presented below are unapproved , subject to corrections and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer, wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.

Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.

Fairfax Selectboard Minutes of 12/01/08

Selectboard Members present: Judy Cleary, Bill Ormerod, Charlie Swanson, Randy DeVine and Bob Horr. Staff Members present: DJ Leach of the Town Highway Department, Skip Taylor, Zoning Administrator, and Erin McSweeney, Administrative Assistant to the Selectboard. Public Present: Peg Stewart, Peg Bushey, and Fire Chief Dean Potter.

1.Call to Order

Judy Cleary, Chairperson, called the meeting to order at 7:00PM.

2. Minutes

A. Bill motioned to accept the minutes from the meeting on November 24, 2008, as written. Bob seconded. All board members voted in favor.

3. Items on the Agenda

A. DJ Leach, Town Highway Department - DJ has received a quote for a fence and a gate at the Town Garage from Tom Feerick. Erin will contact Chris Laberge at the Vermont League of Cities and Towns to confirm what type of gate can be used.

B. Randy DeVine - Randy reviewed the Vermont Monthly Water Systems Operations Report and the Water Usage Summary for November 2008. Randy informed the board that he has taken composite sampling and transferred chlorination at the Water Control Building and the Wastewater Treatment Facility. He also informed the board that he will be meeting with Amy regarding updating the Source Protection Plan.

Judy informed Randy that Susan Drew, who owns an apartment building on Main Street, contacted Amy Sears to find out why the water to one of the units was not disconnected in September. Randy indicated that he was not able to gain access to the building and was not able to shut the water off.

C. Skip Taylor - Skip has contacted a couple of engineers regarding road certification. Skip and the board discussed ideas some ideas about the road certification process.

D. Peg Bushey - Peg attended tonight's meeting to discuss possible locations for the Teen Center. Peg indicated that the Teen Center hosts between 40-50 middle school aged children each week. It was until recently being held at Countryside Childcare.

Peg indicated that the owner of the Country Pantry has offered the restaurant for the Teen Center. The Selectboard asked Dean Potter and Peg Stewart to attend tonight's meeting to discuss the feasibility of the Teen Center using a Town- owned building or the school. Peg Stewart indicated that there is no space available in the school.

Dean Potter informed the board that he has some safety concerns if the Teen Center uses the Fire Station, as there is only one access to it. He also expressed concern about the potential for damage to the Station. Dean and Peg Bushey will meet to discuss Dean's concerns.

4. Other Business

A. The board reviewed an estimate from Jay Shedd for painting the exterior of the Town Office building.

B. The board reviewed a proposal from AM Peisch for auditing services for fiscal year 2008. Bill will contact Chris Goulette regarding the fee for service.

C. The board reviewed the line of credit from Union Bank. Judy will verify with Donna that the amount requested is correct.

5. Public Input

There was no public input this evening.

6. Executive Session

A. Charlie motioned to enter Executive Session without Erin McSweeney and Randy DeVine present to discuss a personnel matter at 9:25PM. Bill seconded. The board entered Executive Session at 9:30PM.

B. Charlie motioned to return to public session at 9:50PM. Bob seconded. All board members voted in favor. The board returned to public session at 9:50PM.

7. Adjournment

Charlie motioned to adjourn the meeting at 9:55PM. Bob seconded. All board members voted in favor. The meeting was adjourned at 9:55PM.

Erin McSweeney, Administrative Assistant to the Selectboard

The above minutes are unapproved , subject to amendment.

Go to Top of Page Go to Home Page Go to Topic Index