The minutes presented below
are unapproved , subject to corrections
and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or
additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer,
wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town
Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.
Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.
TOWN OF FAIRFAX
SELECTBOARD MEETING MINUTES
Selectboard Members Present: Chair Robert Horr, Vice-Chair Randy DeVine, Chris Santee, David Shea Tom Fontaine.
Public Present: Deb Woodward, Skip Taylor, Randy DeVine, Stacy Wells and Nick Hibbard.
Call to Order: Bob called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Agenda: Deviation of Agenda
(Deb Woodward was scheduled for 7 p.m. but was unable to start at that time due to customers at the desk. It was decided to start with the approval of minutes.)
9/20/12 Special Meeting – Town Office Committee
Dave made the motion to approve the minutes as written; seconded by Tom. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1. (The minutes were tabled from the 10/1/12 SB meeting.)
9/27/12 – Special Meeting – Article Warning
Tom made the motion to approve the minutes as written; seconded by Dave. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1. (The minutes were tabled from the meeting of 10/1/12)
10/1/12 – Selectboard Meeting
Tom made the motion to approve the minutes as amended; seconded by Dave. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
Deb Woodward – Town Clerk & Treasurer
Deb is here to discuss the proposal for initiation of the work to be performed by NEMRC. Deb stated that with the Cash Receipts program a computer will be needed as well as a cash receipts drawer and a printer. She will get with Ernie for clarification of exactly what will be needed to get started; if we can use an old computer and do we need the computer prior to the budget being approved? Once Deb gets the answers from Ernie she will get back with the Board. The signing of the proposal will be tabled until then.
Deb asked the Board to go into Executive Session to discuss some personal matters and also to discuss payroll.
7:15 p.m. Dave made the motion to enter into Executive Session to listen to what Debbie has to say payroll wise; seconded by Tom. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1
7:41 p.m. - Exit Executive Session; the motion was made by Dave; seconded by Tom. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
7:45 p.m. - Skip Taylor, Zoning Administrator
Skip handed out a document titled “Nov. 6th is a Special Town Meeting to vote on a proposal for a New Town Office”. Skip is here for an employee job review.
Executive Session: Dave made the motion to enter into Executive Session to discuss legal matters and to perform an employee evaluation; Randy seconded the motion. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
8:12 p.m. - Exit Executive Session; Tom made the motion to exit executive session with Randy seconded the motion. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
8:13 p.m. - Executive Session:
Chris made the motion to enter into executive session to discuss personnel matters; seconded by Tom. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
(Randy DeVine’s job review was also held during Executive Session.)
9:21 p.m. – Exit Executive Session
Dave made the motion to exit Executive Session seconded by Tom. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
1. New rescue building permit: Chris made the motion to waive the fee for the building permit; seconded by Tom. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0-1.
2. NWRP grant for $7,100.00 was discussed. Tom was appointed the SB representative for this project. He will make contact with Alison Stori in the near future.
3. Randy continues to look into the wording for an ordinance to address the reading of water meters from the samples he was given. Chris will work with Randy on this and report back to the SB. The Board will revisit this subject matter in November.
4. Vermont Department of Labor – We have received notice that a former employee has filed for unemployment benefits. Chris will look into this and report back to the Board on his findings.
5. Amoskeag, Industries - a letter was drafted by Attorney Monaghan to document the intent of the Town of Fairfax Utility Trustees to develop a backup water source was reviewed.
6. Invoice #21857 from Stitzel, Page and Fletcher reviewed. Chris made the motion to pay the invoice for $74.27; seconded by Tom. The
7. Invoice from Monaghan Safar and Dwight. Chris made the motion to pay the invoice; with no second. A discussion took place. Payment for the invoice was tabled to a later date.
8. Town Website Committee: Nick Hibbard, Bill Ormerod, Jennifer Gomo and Dave Shea met to discuss obtaining a town domain. Nick will be working on the build for the website and Bill will be working on the design. Jennifer suggested a community calendar. The cost for the fairfaxvt.gov domain is $250.00. Chris would like to be informed of the next committee meeting so that he can attend.
10:15 p.m. - Dave made the motion to adjourn; Tom seconded the motion. The motion carried with a vote of 5-0.
The next Selectboard meeting will be held October 22, 2012 at 7 p.m.
Respectfully, submitted by Stacy Wells, Adm. Asst. to the SelectBoard.
Robert A. Horr, Chair