The minutes presented below are unapproved , subject to corrections and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer, wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.

Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.

Town Of Fairfax Selectboard Minutes
September 28, 2009

Selectboard Members Present: Bill Ormerod, John Mitchell, Randy DeVine, Charlie Swanson, and Bob Horr

Staff Present: Amy Sears

Public Present: Joe & Charlotte Benoit, Vinnie Jiwatram, Peg Stewart, Peter King, Bill Superneau, Al Senecal, Cliff Collins

1. Call to Order

Bob Horr, Chair, called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM.

2. Items on the Agenda

A. Amy: Amy presented printouts of utility department accounts, profit and loss statements, and a breakdown of the Buck Hollow project costs. There was discussion regarding transferring water department funds to different accounts in the future to make them more accessible.

B. Vinnie Jiwatram: Mr. Jiwatram appeared to request water allocation for his property at 1175 Main Street. His previous was request was approximately 4 years ago and was denied by the Board. The Board’s position has not changed; however, there are changes being considered and it was suggested Mr. Jiwatram contact the Board in a few months to check on the status of those changes.

C. Public Hearing Re: Transportation Enhancement Grant Application: Bill explained the Town is applying for grant funds for the third year in a row to install sidewalks in the growth center along Route 104. We are applying for the maximum amount of $300,000; however, it will be noted on the application we will accept whatever amount we can get approved for.

D. Bill Superneau: Bill appeared with Al Senecal and Clifford Collins to discuss the process for extending the current sewer allocations for the property across from Buck Hollow Road (19 proposed units), as well as a possible land deal proposal. It was explained they will need to re-apply for the sewer allocation. Since the current allocation is only preliminary, the Board does not have the mechanism to grant an extension in accordance with the current ordinance. The proposal was not presented at this time.

3. Minutes

A. John motioned to approve the September 14, 2009 meeting minutes as amended, Bill seconded the motion. Vote was 4-0-1 in favor.

4. General Business

A. Skip Taylor had presented a request via email from the Planning Commission to incorporate the Flood Ordinance into the new Zoning Regulations. The Board prefers to leave the Flood Ordinance as it is.

B. A request from Gabe & Diane Handy for sewer allocation extension for Old Academy was discussed. This allocation is in the preliminary approval stage; therefore the Board is unable to grant an extension according to the current ordinance. They will need to re-apply for allocation and will be notified in writing by the Board assistant.

C. The Board received a letter from the State Health Department acknowledging correspondence sent by the Board regarding a recent Health Officer Report.

D. There will be a preconstruction conference regarding Bridge #10 replacement at the NW Regional Office at 20 Kimball Avenue in South Burlington on Wednesday, September 30th at 8:30. John will try to attend.

E. A brief review of the most recent edits to the Water Ordinance was done. It was decided by consensus that Bill will do a review of the final copy and then it will be warned to the public for subsequent adoption.

5. Public Input

A. Charlotte Benoit questioned the Board about the signage approval near Village View Road which dates back to 2006. She will forward a copy of the approval letter she received to the Selectboard office. Randy also suggested cutting back some brush in the area to improve sight distance. Bob will discuss with Don Pigeon.

6. Other Business

A. A letter will be drafted to the School Board and Town Treasurer regarding the Handy tax settlement agreement and the changes resulting from such. John will ask Deb Woodward to send a memo to the Board with the correct figures so letters can be sent.

7. Executive Session

Bill motioned to enter executive session to discuss legal matters at 8:53 p.m., John seconded. Vote was 4-0-1. Charlie motioned to exit executive session at 8:56 p.m., Bill seconded. Vote was 4-0-1. John motioned to enter executive session to discuss personnel matters at 8:57 p.m., Bill seconded. Vote was 4-0-1. Charlie motioned to exit executive session at 9:04 p.m., Randy seconded. Vote was 5-0-0.

8. Adjournment

Charlie motioned to adjourn at 9:08 p.m., Randy seconded. Vote was 4-0-1.

Respectfully submitted by Suzanne Lavallee,

Selectboard Administrative Assistant

Robert A. Horr, Selectboard Chair

The above minutes are unapproved , subject to amendment.

Go to Top of Page Go to Home Page Go to Topic Index