The minutes presented below are unapproved , subject to corrections and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer, wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.

Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.

Fairfax Selectboard Minutes of 09/18/06

Selectboard members Jeff Blake, Judy Cleary, Bill Ormerod, Charlie Swanson and Doug Webb were present at the meeting. Also present were Erin McSweeney, Randy DeVine, Rick Burnham and Bill Superneau. These minutes are unofficial until approved by the Board at the next regularly scheduled Selectboard meeting.

The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm. Jeff gave the board an update on the River Road project.

Randy reviewed the Permit Monitoring Report and the Sewer Discharge Report for the month of August. Randy informed the board that Larry Cota may be able to assist Randy with his sludge removal project. Randy informed the board that Larry would not be working on the project full time, only a couple of days a week until the project is completed. Randy estimated that the project would last for the month of October.

Randy informed the board that the person who is doing community service has worked a total of 6.5 hours. He has to work 20 hours to fulfill his requirements. He has been cutting limbs around the fence line.

Bill motioned to offer Larry Cota $14 per hour with no benefits to work with Randy on the sludge removal project on a temporary basis. Charlie seconded. All board members voted in favor. Randy stated he would let Larry know he needs to come in and fill out paperwork for Donna.

Randy informed the board that he received as-built prints for water and sewer for the Workman Project on Friday, September 15, 2006. Charlie pointed out to the board that the prints had a stamp of "Record Drawings, 5/4/06" on them. Then, there is another stamp which reads, "Revisions 9/14/06". Randy gave Jeff the prints and test results for sewer manhole pressure tests, waterline pressure tests, and a bacteria sample test conducted in February of 2006. Randy also stated that Alan at Green Mountain Engineering had received his copy of the prints on Friday, 9/15/06, as well. Charlie asked Randy if he had ever received a print for a 3 story structure prior to construction and Randy informed him that he had not. Jeff then asked Randy how much confirmation / acceptance had he received from Green Mountain Engineering on prints he'd received. Randy informed Jeff that he had not received any on the latest print. Charlie asked Randy if Green Mountain Engineering had received all prints prior to this. Randy informed him that they receive prints "more so now."

Jeff informed Randy that he would like to have Paul Bean meet with the board to discuss a well he has on Huntville Road.

Judy motioned to accept the minutes as stated. Charlie seconded. All board members voted in favor of accepting the minutes as written.

Steve Bessette submitted a written request for sandbags. Charlie motioned to allow Steve to purchase the sandbags. Bill seconded. All board members voted in favor.

Bill Superneau addressed the board regarding a potential water source. He would like to drill a test well on his land on Fletcher Road. If it is a viable source, he asked if the Town would be willing to take it over. Bill will draw up a written plan, including what his expectations are from the Town, and present it to the Board at a future Selectboard meeting.

Charlie motioned to extend the interim zoning by-laws adopted September 22, 2004 for a period of one year. Judy seconded. All board members voted in favor.

The board reviewed a letter from Peg Stewart regarding the lease of the Town Office building. The letter informed the board that the school is looking into other uses for the building. The board will respond to her in writing with some specific questions.

Bill distributed written responses to questions posed by the Planning Commission regarding the Flood Plan document. He also informed the board that signs for the recreation department have been ordered. Also, Bill informed the board that the Welcome to Fairfax meeting for new residents is scheduled for October 17, 2006. Bill e-mailed Sheriff Norris and Lt. Evans regarding 4-wheelers on River Road.

Jeff informed the board that he as followed up with Clean Green regarding a concern from a resident on Sam Webb Road. Jeff also stated the amendment to the grant from AOT for River Road has been approved.

PUBLIC INPUT: A public meeting began at 8:00PM. The subject of the meeting was the extension of the Interim Subdivision Regulation concerning the construction of new roads adopted by the Selectboard on September 22, 2004. Members of the community who were present at the meeting were: Newton Garland, Edward Biosca, Bobbie Barnack, Jeff Strong, Derek Ludwig, and Wilson Greg Heyer. Newton Garland, a resident of Chaffee Road, voiced his concern about the current VT State Road Standards. He stated that he thinks the 24 ft. wide standard is excessive.

Bobbie Barnack, a resident of Wilson Road, expressed her concern about the intersection of Chaffee Road and Wilson Road. She stated that the intersection is dangerous, and should be fixed before Wilson Road is widened. Derek Ludwig, also a resident of Wilson Road, mentioned that Brewster Road, a private road next to his property, has seen development and it has not been widened. Jeff Strong, a resident of Wilson Road, asked what has to take place for a private road to become a town road.

Bill motioned to enter Executive Session to discuss a legal issue. Charlie seconded. All board members voted in favor. The board entered Executive Session at 8:40PM. The board came out of Executive Session at 9:35PM.

Erin informed the board that Steve MacKenzie of Dubois and King would like to set up a kick off meeting for the WWTF Expansion Feasibility Study on Thursday, September 28th. Erin will follow up with him to find out what the anticipated agenda will be for the meeting.

Charlie informed the board that Gene Forbes will be available to assist in the grant writing process for the WWTF Expansion Feasibility study.

The Selectboard meeting was adjourned at 9:40PM.

____________________________________ Erin McSweeney, Selectboard Administrator

The above minutes are unapproved , subject to amendment.

Go to Top of Page Go to Home Page Go to Topic Index