The minutes presented below
are unapproved , subject to corrections
and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or
additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer,
wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town
Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.
Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.
TOWN OF FAIRFAX
SELECTBOARD MEETING MINUTES
MONDAY, August 22, 2011
FAIRFAX TOWN OFFICE - 7:30 PM
Selectboard Members Present: Bill Ormerod, Bob Horr, Randy DeVine, Peter King and Chris Santee.
Public Present: Skip Taylor, Z.A.
Call to Order: Bill called the meeting to order at 7:30 PM.
Land Acquisition: Gary Pomichter was approached by the Town Land Committee. He was asked if he would consider selling Lot 6 (4.4 acres), located on Butler Road, in the Village Growth Center, to the town as a candidate for a site of a new municipal building. Gary sent an email to the SB with what conditions would need to be provided for him to consider this as an option. A meeting was called by the SB to review and respond to the email. The pertinent information of the e-mail was relayed to the Board, by Bill. A discussion took place regarding the conditions stated and any ramifications that may result from those conditions.
By consensus of the Board, a letter will be generated and sent to Gary requesting modifying the terms of his offer. If he’s interested in submitting a revised offer, the next meeting of the SB is 9/6/11, at which time we will review the revisions.
The land acquisition committee will hold a Community Interest meeting on 9/13/11. The meeting will be to present to the public what the alternatives are for a possible land purchase as the future site for a new municipal building.
Bob made a motion to approve the minutes of 7/13/11 as written.
Peter seconded the motion. Motion carries. Vote 4-0-1.
Bob motioned to approve the minutes as written.
Peter seconded the motion. Motion carries. Vote 3-0-1.
(Bill was absent from this meeting.)
1. A delinquent utility account has been paid in full.
Chris made a motion to release the lien on HW0037B.
Randy seconded the motion. Motion carries. Vote 4-0-1.
The release from the Utility Department was signed by the members of the Board.
2. An invoice from the Department of Labor was reviewed and approved for payment.
3. Alison Stori, NRPC, requested an authorization release from the Board to review the Town of Fairfax streetlight inventory from C.V.P.S. C.V.P.S. will be called giving Alison authorization to those records.
4. A mileage rate reimbursement rate of 55.5 cents per mile was approved - effective immediately based on the IRS rate. This is retroactive to 7/1/11. A memo will be sent to the employees of this change.
5. HHWD prices reviewed. The next HHWD is October 15, 2011 8AM-12PM.
6. Shaun Coleman, NRPC will be leaving his post and moving out of State. A note will be generated by Bob to send to Shaun thanking him for his service to the Town of Fairfax.
7. Act 250 Municipal Impact questionnaire, from James & Lena Meunier. The questionnaire was filled out, signed and dated by Bill.
8. 1st constable – job description: We will review the job description in the near future.
9. Cross walks: A concerned citizen addressed Randy about painting the crosswalks around the school prior to school starting. Randy will let the concerned citizen know the plan of action.
10. Library Committee: A letter from the library committee will be generated regarding $2400.00 in the budget for review in November.
Bob made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:42 PM.
Peter seconded the motion. Motion carried. Vote 5-0
Respectfully, submitted by Stacy Wells, Adm. Asst.
William Ormerod, Chair