The minutes presented below are unapproved , subject to corrections and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer, wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.

Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.

Fairfax Selectboard Minutes of 06/04/07

Selectboard Members present: Bill Ormerod, Jeff Blake, Judy Cleary, Charlie Swanson, and Randy DeVine. Staff Members present: Erin McSweeney, Administrative Assistant to the Selectboard, and Don Pigeon, Road Foreman.
Public Present: Peg Stewart, Clara Pedley, and Ben Landry.

1.Call to Order

Bill Ormerod, Chairperson, called the meeting to order at 7:00PM.

2. Minutes

A. Judy motioned to accept the minutes of the meeting on Monday, May 21st, as written. Jeff seconded. All board members voted in favor.

B. Jeff motioned to accept the minutes of the meeting on Friday, May 25th, as written. Judy seconded. All board members voted in favor.

3. Items on the Agenda

A. Don Pigeon: The Town has received grant money from VTrans for paving on Buck Hollow Road; 80% of the grant is funded by VTrans, with the other 20% being funded by the Town Highway Department's budget. Don received approval from Randy Reed of VTrans to install a 6' culvert on Fanton Road. Don and Charlie Swanson went on the annual Road Tour today. Bill informed Don that money is available from Vermont Emergency Management through the Hazard Mitigation Program; the application for the competitive grant is due on September 28th. Don informed the board that he and Sam Hudson will be touring the woods in North Fairfax again.
Don informed the board that St. Luke's Church is considering constructing a new building; Don asked the board about the current water allocation for the property.

B. Randy DeVine: Distributed the following documents: A summary of Activities for May 20th-June 4th, a report regarding the inspection of the installation of the house master water meter, (a 2" Compound meter with a strainer), at the Fairfax Green Senior Housing Building, and a report on the Sludge Field Monitoring Wells; Randy has not yet received the samples he submitted to Endyne back. Randy reviewed the process for the lagoon clean-out.

C. Donna Meunier: Discussed trash collection in Town; distributed information regarding experiences with haulers that have serviced the Town in the past. Donna informed the board that 18.9% of the current municipal budget is being spent on trash collection.

D. Skip Taylor: Distributed an Activity Report for April 3rd-June 4th; he will be conducting a walk-through of the Fairfax Green Senior Housing Complex with Gabe and Diane Handy on Tuesday morning; the board informed him that a request for Certificates of Occupancy should be made in writing.

E. Chuck Goodling, Emily Hackett, and Lynette Whitney of Dubois & King Engineers: Gave a summary of the WWTF Expansion Feasibility Study; a final report should be available to the Selectboard in the coming weeks. Chuck provided an estimate of $965,300.00 to expand the current WWTF.

4. Other Business

A. The board will review questions it would like to see on a questionnaire for the Town Plan being created by the Planning Commission at next week's meeting.

B. The board will review a letter from Betty Parker regarding Town water on her property at 3 Parker Road at next week's meeting.

C. The board discussed questions from Amy Sears regarding water and sewer accounts.

5. Public Input

There was no public input this evening.

6. Executive Session

A. Judy motioned to enter Executive Session to discuss a pending legal matter and a matter relating to real estate at10:12PM. Randy seconded. All board members voted in favor. The board entered Executive Session at 10:23PM.

B. The board came out of Executive Session at 11:05PM.

7. Adjournment

Charlie motioned to adjourn at 11:05PM. Judy seconded. All board members voted in favor. The meeting was adjourned at 11:05PM.

Erin McSweeney, Administrative Assistant to the Selectboard

The above minutes are unapproved , subject to amendment.

Go to Top of Page Go to Home Page Go to Topic Index