The minutes presented below
are unapproved , subject to corrections
and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or
additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer,
wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town
Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.
Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.
TOWN OF FAIRFAX
SELECTBOARD MEETING MINUTES
MONDAY, May 9, 2011
FAIRFAX TOWN OFFICE - 6:30 PM
Selectboard Members Present: Bill Ormerod, Bob Horr, Randy DeVine, Peter King and Chris Santee.
Public Present: Carolyn Branagan – State Representative
Call to Order: Bill called the meeting to order at 6:32 PM.
Water Ordinance review continued.
1. Rec. Department: The building permit for the pavilion will be discussed at the next meeting, as per the request from Katrina, Rec. Director. She is looking into some other options for the pavilion and will get back to the Board at the next meeting.
2. Country Pantry: Outdoor consumption permit – Withdrawn.
3. $1,000 Engineering study for land acquisition: Tabled pending reply from the School Board.
4. Unemployment Information: Peter has a call into the Department of Labor and will continue to pursue this.
5. Utility Department: The “Late Fee Policy” was reviewed. It will be published locally and sent to all account users.
6. Water Usage Summary: The summary was reviewed by the Board. Randy stated the average is right on track for the gallon demand of the day. A leak was fixed on Main Street.
7. Fairpoint Communication petition and license for conduit buried location: Fairpoint is requesting permission to place approximately 1800 feet of conduit from Pole 18 to Pole 20 along Carroll Hill Road to provide service to 14 Cadieux Road.
8. Carolyn Branagan – State Representative came in to update the Board on what is happening at the state level.
9. Roof Repair: Liam Towers, Slate Affair, will begin work on the Town Office roof beginning 5/16/11 - weather permitting.
Orders & Purchase Orders: Reviewed
*Peter made the motion to accept the minutes as written.
Chris seconded the motion. Motion carried. Vote 4-0-1
*7:40 PM - Bob made the motion to enter into executive session to discuss an employment issue. Peter seconded the motion.
The motion carried. Vote 4-0-1
Exit Executive Session:
*7:45 PM - Peter made the motion to exit executive session.
Chris seconded the motion. The motion carried. Vote 4-0-1
*Peter made the motion to adjourn at 8:58 PM
Bob seconded the motion. Motion carried. Vote 5-0
Respectfully, submitted by Stacy Wells, Adm. Asst.
William Ormerod, Chair
The minutes are unofficial until approved at the next Selectboard meeting.