The minutes presented below are unapproved , subject to corrections and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer, wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.

Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.

Fairfax Selectboard Minutes of 04/30/07

Selectboard members Bill Ormerod, Jeff Blake, Charlie Swanson, Judy Cleary and Randy DeVine were present at the meeting. Also present were Erin McSweeney, Don Pigeon, Peg Stewart, Karen Charbonneau, Peter King, Mike O'Day and Colleen Steen. These minutes are unofficial until approved by the Board at the next regularly scheduled Selectboard meeting.

The meeting was called to order at 7:00PM. Don, Judy, Bill, and Sam Hudson finished witnessing the lines for the Forest Management Plan; the next step will be a walk through to determine what timbers can be removed. Don reviewed an Access Permit from Jim and Marjorie Ellis for a property located on Wilkins Road; Bill signed the permit. Don discussed an uprooted tree at the end of Hunt Street. Don informed the board that the tree is not on Town land. Peter King and Mike O'Day expressed concern because the tree is near their properties; Don informed Peter and Mike that he will take down the tree; Peter stated that he would cut it up and remove it.

Don spoke with residents on River Road; he asked permission to move their fence back so he can pave River Road. Don informed the board that United Paving Company will be on-site on Monday; he would like to complete the paving projects on Buck Hollow Road and River Road first, as these are grant-funded projects. Don will be hiring Stan Jenkins part-time during August and September, while he is hauling sand in preparation for next winter. Don reminded Erin to call Clean Green to request a dumpster for Green Up Day and Household Hazardous Waste Day. Also, he would like a separate dumpster for metal for Household Hazardous Waste Day.

Randy has contacted Paul Olander regarding the draw-down plan for the lagoons. He informed the board that the meter at the Williams home has been installed; he has also done some investigation on other properties to determine if meters are working properly, or if a new meter needs to be installed. He informed the board that he has spoken with a representative from the Vermont Rural Water Association regarding the meter for the main line at the Fairfax Green Senior Housing project. The representative suggested that a 2" meter be installed; Randy obtained a quote of $1689.50 for the meter, and $291.00 for the strainer. Randy stated that he received calls regarding a letter that was sent to residents whose water and sewer accounts had been adjusted. He informed the board that he would like to continue to use JP Electric as the back-up electrician, even though the business has relocated to the Burlington area. He also informed the board that the cutter box for the Muffin Monster, which was discussed last week, has been ordered. Also, flow-gauging was completed Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. He stated that he contacted Maurice Rathbun for assistance with sludge removal, but Maurice's availability is limited.

Alan Huizenga, of Green Mountain Engineering, distributed a draft of a preliminary project schedule for a proposed back-up well, which included an estimated timeline and preliminary opinion of the total cost of the project.

Jeff motioned to accept the minutes from the meeting on April 23rd. Charlie seconded. 3 amendments were offered; Charlie motioned to accept the minutes with the updated development name. Judy seconded. All board members voted in favor.

Other Business: The board reviewed the Correspondence Worksheet; Bill noted two grammatical corrections that have been made to the new Memorandum of Understanding that Erin distributed at the beginning of tonight's meeting. Erin will send the 2 signed copies of the Memorandum to Peg Stewart her signature. The board reviewed a request from Alexander Katz regarding a property on Michelle Road. Judy informed the board that she received a call from Betty Parker regarding her application for a preliminary sewer allocation. Judy informed her that she would receive a letter once the board has completed its review of the Sewer Status Report. Jeff would like to use the 2 sandwich boards that the Town has to advertise for Household Hazardous Waste Day, which is scheduled to take place on Saturday, May 5th, between 8:00AM-12:00PM at the Town Garage on Fletcher Road. Mark Hunziker, a member of the Planning Commission, spoke with Bill regarding the Village Center Designation application. The Planning Commission has offered to continue to work on this. Erin will be working on revising the current Solid Waste Implementation Plan; the revised plan is due to the State by June 1st.

Public Input: Colleen Steen informed the board that she is still trying to schedule a meeting for the members of the Safe Routes to School committee. Peg Stewart informed the board that the soccer field has been widened and needs top soil and grass seed. Bill will ask Carol Lizotte to contact Alan Mossey to coordinate a schedule for crowning the field. Peg informed the board that the Recreation Department can dispose of the trash from the receptacles along the recreation path in the school dumpster as long as the trash is in bags.

Judy motioned to enter Executive Session to discuss a pending legal matter at 8:45PM. Randy seconded. Jeff motioned to amend the current motion; he motioned to enter Executive Session to discuss a pending legal matter and a personnel matter at 8:46PM. Judy seconded. All board members voted in favor of the motion as amended. The board came out of Executive Session at 9:59PM.

Judy motioned to adjourn the meeting at 9:59PM. Jeff seconded. All board members voted in favor.

The meeting was adjourned at 9:59PM.

____________________________________ Erin McSweeney, Administrative Assistant to the Selectboard

The above minutes are unapproved , subject to amendment.

Go to Top of Page Go to Home Page Go to Topic Index