The minutes presented below
are unapproved , subject to corrections
and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or
additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer,
wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town
Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.
Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.
TOWN OF FAIRFAX
SELECTBOARD MEETING MINUTES
MONDAY, April 11, 2011
FAIRFAX TOWN OFFICE
Selectboard Members Present: Chair - Bill Ormerod, Bob Horr, Randy DeVine and Chris Santee.
Public Present: Fran Conlon, Shaun Coleman and Gary Gilbert.
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Bill at 6:34 PM.
Fran Conlon – Employee evaluation
Randy made a motion to enter into executive session to perform an employee evaluation. Bob seconded the motion. Discussion.
Motion carried. Vote 3-0-1
Bob made a motion to exit executive session at 6:55 PM.
Chris seconded the motion. Discussion. Motion carried. Vote 3-0-1
6:57 PM Shaun Coleman – Northwest Regional Planning Commission (Catherine Dimitruk was scheduled to meet with the Board but was unable to make it due to another commitment.) Shaun Coleman is here to discuss the Energy Efficiency survey, for municipal street lighting, that NRPC will provide the Town. Basically, they assist the town by mapping the streetlights, taking an inventory, identifying the type of bulb currently used and project the amount of energy that could be saved if lights were converted to LED. Once the mapping and data collection is complete, NRP will work with us to identify potential redundancies in the system and recommend which lights could be converted to LED bulbs to achieve the most energy and cost savings. The Town of Fairfax does not own the lights. Therefore, we will work with the utility provider on the upgrades.
Randy made the motion to accept the minutes as amended. Chris seconded the motion. Discussion. Motion carried. Vote 3-0-1
Orders & Purchase Orders: Reviewed by Randy.
Gary Gilbert came in to discuss the damage done to the covered bridge during the Bridge 10 detour last summer. He talked to the Board, heard their concerns and discussed the contacts he has made regarding the bridge. The Board told Gary that they would like the balance funded from the project, which is approximately $7800.00. The Board doesn’t feel the taxpayers should be responsible for this, and that historical grant money shouldn’t be used to repair the damage. Gary will see what he can do for the Town.
The Board received a letter from an employee regarding their HSA account. The letter contains a request to accelerate the contribution schedule for the Town’s portion of contributions made to the HSA account. Randy made the motion to deposit the balance of the town’s contribution into the employee’s HSA accounts effective immediately.
Bob seconded the motion. Discussion. Motion carried. Vote 3-0-1
We will notify the employee that this will be done as of 4/12/11. It was discussed that if we stay with this policy next year that we will deposit the total town’s contribution on January 1st.
We discussed the Health Advocate benefit of the insurance policy.
We will contact Sue Benoit to find out about this benefit and what needs to be done to get enrolled.
E.mail, dated 4/11/11, from Marcelle & Godfrey Stephen regarding a water allocation for their property located on Boissoneault Road.
A letter was generated addressing their concerns.
1. Roof Repair: Slate shingles on the roof have been falling off due to the winds. Bob met with Consumer’s Construction for a quote for repair. They stated we needed a new roof; but to repair the present problems would be approximately $3500.00. A new roof could cost in the area of $10,000.
2. Basement Problems: Water in the basement is again a problem. The Board discussed digging a trench in the basement to the sump pump. Bill will talk to Don about this.
3. Fee schedule. Skip updated the fee schedule. It will be discussed at the next SB meeting on 4/18.
4. Town Service Officer: Bob made the motion to appoint Joel Gluck to the position of Town Service Officer, expiring on 4/14/12. Chris seconded the motion. Discussion. Motion carried. Vote 3-0-1.
5. Sheriff’s Contract: The Sheriff’s contract is up for renewal.
Bob made the motion to give Bill the authority to sign the contract on behalf of the Board. Randy seconded the motion. Discussion. Motion carried. Vote 3-0-1.
6. Liquor & Tobacco License: Steeple Market submitted their liquor and tobacco license. Bob made the motion to sign the licenses.
Chris seconded the motion. Motion carried. Vote 4-0-1
7. SWIP Grant: The 2011 SWIP (Solid Waste Implementation Program) grant form needs the Board’s signature. Chris made the motion to have Bill sign the grant. Bob seconded the motion. Discussion.
Motion carried. Vote: 3-0-1
8. Drop Box: A drop box for the Town Office was discussed as a means of allowing people to drop off payments when the office is closed.
9. Water Ordinance – tabled.
Randy made the motion to adjourn at 9:28 PM.
Bob seconded the motion. No discussion
Motion carried. Vote 4-0
Respectfully, submitted by Stacy Wells, Adm. Asst.
William Ormerod, Chair
The minutes are unofficial until approved at the next Selectboard meeting.