Header

Notice:

The minutes presented below are unapproved , subject to corrections and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer, wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.

Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.


Town Of Fairfax Selectboard Minutes
April 6, 2009

Selectboard Members present: Bill Ormerod, Bob Horr, Charlie Swanson, John Mitchell, and Randy DeVine

Staff Members present: Don Pigeon, Highway Foreman; Skip Taylor, Zoning Administrator

Public Present: Melissa Beerworth

1. Call to Order

Bob Horr, Chairperson, called the meeting to order at 7:00PM.

2. Items on the Agenda

A. Don: We need to proceed with the easement paperwork for the slide on Goose Pond Road. Bill received a boilerplate easement from Stitzel Page & Fletcher that Suzanne will modify to fit the needs for this particular easement. Don will be getting the required information to Suzanne for this purpose.

An access permit was reviewed for Nichols Road. Bob signed and it will be forwarded to Zoning.

Randy Reed from VT AOT will be coming to meet with Don and members of the Selectboard on Friday, April 17th at 11:00 a.m.

Someone cut the lock off one of the fuel tanks, but very little, if any fuel was taken.

The logger will be pulling out for the summer.

B. Randy: Reviewed monthly water reports. He is ready to get the community service worker started when the weather lets up a bit.

He has one water shut-off remaining. He had one shut-off last week, but it was paid and he turned it back on.

Anodes have been delivered and he will be doing tank cleaning this month.

C. Skip: Distributed the zoning office activity report.

Skip requested the Board’s permission to commence the creation of a Forest Management Plan for the 100 acre woods with the assistance of County Forester Nancy Patch, and a group of volunteers. The Board would like to wait until Don and Bob have done a walk-through to determine if there are any remaining hazards, and mitigate them prior to letting Skip et al commence with a site visit. The timber harvest is not scheduled to be completed until the end of next winter.

There was discussion regarding 1155 Main Street and its zoning and water and sewer allocation. This arose as a result of a request from Dusty Trail Realty. The property is listed as residential with a bath per the Lister’s office. The allocations are 210 gallons for sewer and 405 gallons for water. Bill moved to accept this conclusion, John seconded the motion. Four votes in favor, one abstained. Suzanne will draft a response to Dusty Trail Realty.

D. Tim Smith, Franklin County Industrial Development: Tim came in to discuss the state of the economy in Franklin County. Items discussed were the woodworking school, the job expo at the complex, and Project 10 in Swanton.

3. Minutes

A. Item 4.B from the March 23rd minutes was not recorded properly. Bill made a motion that the amendment to the March 23rd minutes be included in the March 30th minutes and shall read as follows:

Skip is willing to go ahead and record the “as-built” easements without DRB approval, but feels the proper procedure suggests that they should be approved by the DRB first, in accordance with Article V, Section 506 of the 2007 Subdivision Regulations.

Charlie seconded this motion. Four votes in favor, one abstained.

Charlie motioned to accept the March 30th minutes as amended, John seconded the motion. Three votes in favor, one abstained, one no vote (absent from room).

4. General Business

A. Suzanne created a new format for listing items needing to be discussed/reviewed. The items were as follows:

1. 1155 Main Street – this was resolved earlier in the meeting. Refer to Item 2.C. – Skip.

2. Fairfax Green Homeowners Association request to be on agenda. The association wanted to meet with the Selectboard to discuss the trash pickup on their street. There was some discussion and the decision was made that the trash issue is not a Selectboard issue. Suzanne will contact John Workman and Gerard Brault to inform them of this decision.

3. Meeting with Randy Reed – Bill and Bob will be attending with Don on April 17, 2009 at 11:00 a.m.

4. Access Permit Application – Nichols Road. Refer to Item 2.A – Don.

5. HHWD Contract and Notice. The contract was circulated for review, but not signed. The Board agreed by consensus to have Bob sign the contract. Randy requested a copy to review. The public notice was also reviewed for accuracy so it can be posted.

6. Letter from Al Daniels regarding Green Up Day. Suzanne will contact Casella and All Metals to ensure dumpsters are available for the days requested.

7. Green Mountain Engineering Contract. Charlie questioned why the deductible was only $250. Suzanne will contact Green Mountain to inquire about this.

8. Municipal Planning Grant approval. An email was received; Skip is handling the requisitions, etc.

9. VLCT Model Policy: Identity Theft Prevention. This plan must be implemented by May 1, 2009. Suzanne will modify the boilerplate received to reflect its applicability to the Town of Fairfax. Bill would like to review when complete.

10. DWSRF Stimulus Funding Update – email received.

11. Independent Evaluation of Law Enforcement Services Executive Summary was received. Bill has already reviewed.

12. 2009 Dry Hydrant Grant Program notification. Suzanne will forward to the Fire Department.

13. Employee Policy. Suzanne modified and copies were made for the Board’s review. This item will be discussed at the next Board meeting.

14. DRB minutes for file.

15. Hazard Mitigation Plan letter from FEMA. Our plan was approved. One copy is on file in the Selectboard office, one with the Town Clerk’s office, and one to Zoning.

16. Draft Intended Use Plan for the Clean Water State Revolving (CWSRF) Program. Charlie will review

17. Land Use Permit – Steeple Market. Suzanne will forward a copy to the DRB.

18. Dubois & King letter regarding services was reviewed.

19. VLCT Flyers. Copies will be distributed to the Fire Department and Don Pigeon.

20. City of Winooski letter. They wanted suggestions for a new City Manager.

21. Request for flower planting in the town “triangle”. Shannon Arnzen wanted to see flowers planted and perhaps planters along the bridge. The Board can not authorize this, but also does not have a problem with her doing the planting.

22. Bill Superneau water. Bob wanted to discuss scheduling a time for the Board to meet with Bill. Charlie and John mentioned that it would be nice to have something to review in advance of meeting with him. Bob and Randy will meet with Bill to get a better understanding of what his thoughts are. A meeting with the entire Board will be scheduled at a later date.

23. Deb Woodward will be out of the office April 23 and 24. She has her duties covered.

24. Green Mountain Community Wind petition. We received a packet of what has been submitted to the State on their behalf. Charlie will review.

25. Standard Easement Form from Stitzel Page & Fletcher was reviewed. It should be sufficient for our needs for Goose Pond Road, as well as Buck Hollow Road.

26. No Trespassing Order to John Murray. This was circulated and Suzanne will forward to Josh Langelier, Town Constable.

27. Several legal items were reviewed. Bill summarized for the Board.

28. Correspondence from Leon Beliveau was reviewed.

29. Prevent Child Abuse Vermont – flyer received.

30. VT Center for Independent Living. We received a thank you letter for our 2008 contribution.

5. Other Business

A. Bill: Presented a copy of the revised emergency operations plan for signature. Charlie motioned to adopt the plan, John seconded. Four votes in favor, one no vote (out of the room).

An electrician came to look at the GFI issue as requested by VLCT. GFI’s will be installed in the first floor bathroom; however, the lines to the vanity in the second floor bath will be terminated.

B. Bob: Raised discussion about signage for tax payments due, dog licenses, etc.

C. Randy: Asked the Board members to review our ad in the Fairfax News.

6. Executive Session

A. Bill motioned to enter executive session at 9:30 PM to discuss legal issues, Bob seconded. All voted in favor.

B. Bill moved to exit executive session at 9:38 PM, Randy seconded. All voted in favor.

7. Adjournment

Charlie motioned to adjourn, Bill seconded. All voted in favor. The meeting adjourned at 9:38 PM.

Respectfully submitted by Suzanne Lavallee,

Selectboard Administrative Assistant

Robert A. Horr, Selectboard Chairperson


The above minutes are unapproved , subject to amendment.


Go to Top of Page Go to Home Page Go to Topic Index