The minutes presented below
are unapproved , subject to corrections
and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or
additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer,
wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town
Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.
Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.
TOWN OF FAIRFAX
SELECTBOARD MEETING MINUTES
MONDAY, MARCH 21, 2011
FAIRFAX TOWN OFFICE
Selectboard Members Present: Bob Horr, Bill Ormerod, Randy DeVine, Peter King and Chris Santee. (Bill arrived at 7:40 PM)
Public Present: N/A
Bob Horr, Vice-Chair called the meeting to order at 7 PM.
Amy Sears - Utility Department
Amy was unable to make the meeting due to the weather. An employee’s wage was reviewed; an error was made when we went from last year’s budget to this year’s budget.
Randy made the following motion: The proposed pay rate for Mildred Warren has been addressed. The hourly and weekend rates have been adjusted at 1.5% for the year 2011. Chris seconded. Discussion. Motion passed. Vote 3-0-1
The Board reviewed the four letters written addressing delinquent water/sewer accounts. The letters state that a lien will be filed on their property for non-payment. A discussion took place on how we currently handle delinquent accounts and the cost to the town.
HW0037B – $1,050.79:
Peter made a motion acknowledging the filing of a lien against the property; to be signed by the SB. Randy second. Discussion. Motion passed. Vote 3-0-1. Chris abstained.
OA0051B - $678.30 (The property is in foreclosure.):
Peter made a motion acknowledging the filing of the lien against the property; to be signed by the SB. A notice will be sent to the mortgage company. Randy second. Discussion. Motion passed.
Vote: Vote 3-0-1
OA0052B – $655.69 (The property is in foreclosure.):
Peter made a motion acknowledging the filing of the lien against the property; to be signed by the SB. A notice will be sent to the mortgage holder. Randy second. Discussion. Motion passed. Vote: 3-0-1
OA0051A – $1695.64
Peter made a motion acknowledging the filing of the lien again the property; to be signed by the SB. Randy second. Discussion.
Motion passed. Vote 3-0-1
7:30 PM Justin Hayes – Fire Chief
The Board congratulated Justin on being elected Chief of the Fire Department. He stated that he would like to come in periodically to meet with the Board. The FD has three potential prospects from recruiting. Justin hopes to get a couple more new members by the end of the year. The roster currently has approximately thirty people on it. Justin handed out a study called “Apparatus Replacement Plan”. He reviewed the plan with the Board; discussed his budget and voiced plans for the future of the department and firehouse.
Randy made the motion to accept the minutes as written.
Peter second. Discussion. Chris wanted Bill’s name included, along with his, in the on-line survey. Motion passed as amended. Vote 4-0-1
Purchase Orders: Reviewed by Randy.
1. Town Officers, appointed annually. The Town Service Officer expires on 4/14/11. Please see the list.
2. ADA Coordinator appointed. The checklist from the Vermont Center for Independent Living will be reviewed.
3. Covered bridge damage. An email received from Mike Hedges, dated 3/18/11 was discussed. We will send a letter to our state reps.
4. Sidewalk Scoping Study – “Alternatives” meeting scheduled for April 18, 2011 at 7 PM at BFA.
5. Capital Plan & Budget: A motion was made by Peter authorizing Bob to sign the grant agreement in the amount of $6,300.00 from the Department of Economic, Housing and Community Development.
Randy seconded. Discussion. Motion passed. Vote 4-0-1
6. SWIP - HHW grant for $2,351.00. Bob made the motion authorizing Bill to sign the grant. Peter second the motion. Discussion. Motion passed. Vote 4-0-1
7. Town Map: The town map was amended with the removal of Drinkwine Road. The Board signed the map, dated 3/14/11, which was officially adopted 2/14/11.
8. Road Ordinance reviewed for adoption. We will list the ordinances & policies it overrides. We will review the ordinance at the next SB meeting on 4/4/11.
9. Rec. Dept.: Katrina will write a planning grant for a natural paths project at the 100 acre woods in North Fairfax. Katrina has entertained bids for mowing the rec. fields. The contract has been awarded to Rainville’s. The Board unanimously agreed to have Bill sign the contract when it’s presented.
10. Land acquisition: A five member group will be formed, to include two SB members, to pursue all available options. The on-line survey results will be evaluated. Michelle Dufresne will give us her input regarding a building prototype.
8:55 PM Bill made a motion to enter into executive session without the adm. asst. present to discuss personnel.
Peter second. Discussion. Motion passed. Vote 5-0
9:10 PM: A motion to exit executive session was made by Bob and seconded by Randy at 9:10 PM. Vote 5-0
9:12 PM: A motion to adjourn was made by Randy and seconded by Bob. Vote 5-0 in favor.
Respectfully, submitted by Stacy Wells, Adm. Asst.
William Ormerod, Chair
The minutes are unofficial until approved at the next Selectboard meeting.