The minutes presented below are unapproved , subject to corrections and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer, wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.

Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.

Fairfax Selectboard Minutes of 02/26/07

Selectboard members Jeff Blake, Judy Cleary, and Charlie Swanson were present at the meeting. Also present were Erin McSweeney, Don Pigeon, Randy DeVine, Skip Taylor, Peter Moss, Carl Jones and Bill Superneau. These minutes are unofficial until approved by the Board at the next regularly scheduled Selectboard meeting.

The meeting was called to order at 7:00PM. Don is working on his anticipated paving schedule for 2007. Don discussed the recent fire on White Pine Road. Don expressed concern about roads that are not 24' wide; 2 large trucks can not pass each other, and it was difficult for the Fire Department to truck water to the house quickly. Don kept the road well sanded, but only one truck could use the road at a time. Jeff gave Don a copy of an example of a Winter Operations Plan that is currently being used in East Montpelier. Don and the board will discuss this next week.

Jeff spoke to Randy Reed regarding Bridge #10. The board will draft a letter requesting an inspection.

Randy informed the board that one of the training sessions he would like to attend in the coming weeks is full. He also informed the board that he called Randy Reed to ask AOT to remove snow covering the main pump station put there by AOT plows; the pump station has been cleared.

Skip distributed a Zoning Administrator's Activity Report for January 30th-February 26th. Charlie asked Skip what the status of the revision of the By-Laws is. Skip informed the board that the Planning Commission is still working on them and that the NWRPC is now reviewing them. Skip informed the board that the By-Laws will be available for review two weeks before a public hearing takes place. Skip reviewed the information on the bottom of his report regarding DRB projects. Skip informed the board that he has issued a reminder to Trevor Campbell that his old house must be removed from his property by March 13th.

Charlie informed Skip that he has had people ask him what happens to preliminary sewer allocations when they expire. Jeff informed him that the allocations get recalculated as part of the reserve capacity. If the reserve capacity is negative, there will still be no allocations to give, even if an allocation has been added.

Jeff informed Skip that there is no timeline at this point for when additional capacity will be available.

Bill Superneau attended tonight's meeting to discuss the 11 preliminary sewer allocations which have expired in September on his Paige Estates project. He has re-applied for them, and he is on the Preliminary Sewer Allocation Application list that is reviewed every April and October. Jeff explained the calculation for reserve capacity, which is currently at -5900 gallons. Bill also has 5 preliminary sewer allocations that are due to expire on April 11th. Bill will be consulting with his engineer to continue the process so that he is able to use his 5 allocations before they expire.

Judy motioned to accept the minutes from last week's meeting. Charlie seconded. All board members voted in favor.

Judy read a road name application from Trudy Cardinal for a new road off Brewster Road. By consensus, the board chose Indian Head Road.

OTHER BUSINESS: The board will draft a letter to Clean Green informing them that the Town will not be pre-paying for trash service, as it does not become a cost saver for the Town. Judy informed the board that she has had calls from residents of the community requesting that there be someone available to pass the portable microphones around at Town Meeting. Erin will draft a letter to Ruggiano engineering regarding a statement showing an outstanding balance owed. The board reviewed a letter signed by Ms. Fitzgerald's ¾ class. The class had a discussion on Article 5, pertaining to the 4th of July Fireworks, and then voted by Australian ballot. The class then discussed what Town funds should be spent on.

PUBLIC INPUT: Peter Moss attended tonight's meeting to express concern regarding policies at the Community Library. Jeff informed Peter that he should notify the Library Trustees of his concerns. Carl Jones attended tonight's meeting with questions about the warned articles in the Town Report. He asked the board about articles for police protection and for donations to non-profit organizations. Jeff informed Carl that both of these are now line items in the budget. Carl also asked how the board decides which non-profit organizations to donate to. Jeff informed him that the board receives many requests each year and that the board decides as a whole which ones to donate to.

The Selectboard meeting was adjourned at 8:50PM.


____________________________________ Erin McSweeney, Selectboard Administrator

The above minutes are unapproved , subject to amendment.

Go to Top of Page Go to Home Page Go to Topic Index