The minutes presented below are unapproved , subject to corrections and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer, wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.

Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.

Town Of Fairfax Selectboard Minutes
February 15, 2010

Selectboard Members Present: Bob Horr, Bill Ormerod, John Mitchell, Randy DeVine, and Charlie Swanson.

Present: Martha Varney, Skip Taylor, Cathy Raymond, Carolyn Branagan.

1. Call to Order

Bob Horr. Chair, called the meeting to order at 7:01 PM,

2. Agenda Items

A. Cathy Raymond: Cathy is requesting a change in her work schedule to work every other week. She will be sure to work the weeks the DRB and PC meet. The Board approved her request unanimously.

B. Skip Taylor: Skip asked the Board if they had any suggestions of town buildings they would like to see have an energy audit performed on. It was decided we really don't have any buildings requiring an audit at this time.

C. Martha Varney: The Board discussed with Martha her interest in the DRB position. It was decided she will attend the upcoming DRB meeting on Wednesday, February 17, 2010. The Selectboard has no problem with her subsequent appointment to the DRB.

D. Carolyn Branagan: Carolyn stopped in to report on the current activities in Montpelier concerning the budget, etc.

E. The Town Meeting presentation was discussed briefly. Charlie and Bob suggested a few minor edits.

F. There was brief discussion of possible uses and proposed options for the Young property. Discussion then moved to the use/possible purchase of the Morse property. John will contact Brad Morse for further discussion.

G. Bob presented a bank form, which needed to be signed for creation of an account for a recent Parks and Recreation Department grant which was received. Bill motioned to sign the document. Charlie seconded. Vote was 4-0-1.

H. Bill noted we are still receiving invoices which are unsigned by the purchaser. The Board feels that if there is no signature, the Town should not pay them. Bill will draft a written policy for the Board's review, which will be distributed to vendors.

3. Minutes

John motioned to accept the minutes of the February 1, 2010 meeting as written. Randy seconded. Vote was 3-0-2.

4. General Business

A. Suzanne presented a letter from VT AOT requesting completion of the TA 60, which is normally completed with the assistance of the District #8 AOT representative. The Board would like Don to complete the form with the assistance of a Board member and also suggested Deb Woodward is involved. Bob will talk to Don.

B. A letter from Ken Yelsey from the State regarding reserve capacity for the Town water system.

C. A Road Name Application from Gary Mills was reviewed. He will need to re-submit since all of his suggestions were proper names, which are not allowed.

D. An Access Permit Application was also received from Gary Mills. This will be

forwarded to Don Pigeon for his investigation.

E. An email was received from the State DMV regarding Town Constable duties. Bob

will call to discuss further.

F. Bill reported that he received a call from Sheriff Norris regarding the recent vandalism at the Town garage.

G. Randy received a call from a resident inquiring as to whether the Board would

entertain a German company starting a heating stove business in Town.

H. Randy received a call from a resident questioning how the Parks & Rec budget figure is arrived at and why it is not itemized in the Town Report.

I. There was brief discussion regarding the Disabled Veterans' Tax Exemption.

J. Bill reported the virus scan software has been installed on the Town office computers.

5. Executive Session

Bill motioned to enter executive session without the administrative assistant present to

discuss a personnel matter at 8:50 pm, John seconded. Vote was 4-0-1. Bill motioned to

exit executive session at 9:18 pm. Charlie seconded. Vote was 4-0-1.

6. Adjournment

John motioned to adjourn at 9:21 pm. Charlie seconded. Vote was 4-0-1.

Respectfully submitted by Suzanne Lavallee,

Selectboard Administrative Assistant


Robert A. Horr, Selectboard Chair

The above minutes are unapproved , subject to amendment.

Go to Top of Page Go to Home Page Go to Topic Index