The minutes presented below
are unapproved , subject to corrections
and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or
additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer,
wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town
Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.
Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.
TOWN OF FAIRFAX
SELECTBOARD MEETING MINUTES
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2011
Selectboard Members Present: Bob Horr, Chair, Bill Ormerod, Randy DeVine and Peter King. Member absent: John Mitchell
Public Present: N/A
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Bob Horr, Chair at 7:05 PM.
1. Response to Town Clerk/Treasurer: A letter was written regarding the Town Clerk/Treasurer’s request for a performance review. As she is an elected official, the Selectboard is not required to conduct a performance review. The Board reviewed the letter, and agreed to sign it.
2. Bylaw Revisions: The bylaws need to be approved and the town map needs to be signed. Please see the motion below.
I (Bill) move to accept the proposed Development Regulations and Zoning Map, as presented at the Public Hearing on January 31, 2011, to replace the existing Zoning Bylaws, and Subdivision Regulations and Official Zoning Map.
Peter seconded the motion.
Motion carries. Vote 3-0-1
Peter made a motion to accept the minutes of the public meeting 1/31/11 Bylaw Regulation revisions.
Randy seconded the motion for the minutes.
Motion carries. Vote 3-0-1
3. Garbage/Recycling Contract with Casella: The Board reviewed the new contract for garbage and recycling. They felt that there were still some areas that needed clarification. The signing of the contract will be tabled until further clarification can be written into the contract.
4. Unemployment Benefits: Bob has repeatedly tried to follow-up with the Vermont Unemployment Office regarding benefits to a former town employee - without success. Therefore, he will write a letter stating the prior communication and outcome of this case to the VUO and the adjudicator.
5. Franklin County Humane Society: An invoice was received from the FCHS for $75.00. It was for a dog that was brought to them back in October 2010. Bill Stygles, Animal Control Officer, came in to review the invoice. He stated the signature on the invoice wasn’t his. He also stated that he doesn’t remember ever bringing a dog of that pedigree to the FCHS. We will notify the FCHS of this.
Peter made a motion to approve the minutes with one amendment.
Randy seconded the motion.
Motion passed. Vote 3-0-1
Purchase Orders: Reviewed, with a question regarding an invoice from the VLCT Health Ins. We will check into this with Deb.
Peter made the motion to enter into executive session at 7:30 PM to discuss personnel.
Bill seconded the motion.
Motion carried. Vote 3-0-1
Peter made the motion to exit executive session 8:12 PM.
Motion carried. Vote 4-0
Peter made the motion to adjourn 8:12 PM.
Motion carried. Vote 4-0 in favor.
Respectfully, submitted by Stacy Wells, Adm. Asst.
Robert A. Horr, Chair
The minutes are unofficial until approved at the next Selectboard meeting.