The minutes presented below are unapproved , subject to corrections and/or additions at the next Selectboard meeting. Those corrections and/or additions will be written to the original minutes. If you, the viewer, wish to personally see those changes, you will need to go to the Fairfax Town Office to view those changes as written on the original paper copy.

Any time the Selectboard "amends" the previous weeks' minutes, there will be a statement to that effect in the minutes of the meeting at which the "amending" occurred.

Town Of Fairfax Selectboard Minutes
January 4, 2010

Selectboard Members Present: Bob Horr, Bill Ormerod, John Mitchell, Charlie Swanson, and Randy DeVine

Staff Present: Don Pigeon, Skip Taylor

Public Present: Peter King, Steve Bessette, Elisabeth Kirkpatrick

1. Call to Order

Bob Horr, Chair, called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM.

* The 2010 Budget Meeting has been set for Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 8:00 a.m.

2. Agenda Items

Don Pigeon: Don asked what the agreement was with the school regarding moving snow. The Board responded that it is the same as last year and at no charge to the school. Don is putting together some figures for expanding the salt shed for the Board’s review at budget time. It was verified that money left in the Highway Budget may be used for paving next year.

Skip Taylor: Skip reviewed his monthly activity report. There was discussion regarding proposals for updating the Town parcel maps. Skip proposed making his Monday evening hours every other week rather than every week since things are slow. The Board does not have a problem with this.

Randy DeVine: Randy received a call from Cliff at Ruggiano Engineering regarding Paige Estates. The VT AOT wants the Town to sign off on the location of the force main where it hits the right-of-way by the stone house. Randy told Cliff to put the information in writing to the Board. Randy has been subpoenaed to testify on how long the water was shut off at 1111 Main Street. Randy had turned the water off at this location on Thanksgiving Day due to a leak running into the road.

3. Minutes

Bill motioned to accept the minutes of the December 21, 2009 meeting as written, John seconded. Vote was 4-0-1.

4. General Business

A. Suzanne noted that Linda Corey has requested to be on the agenda for the January 18, 2010 meeting to discuss not paving Meade Road. The Board does not feel this is necessary and Suzanne will send a letter informing her she may petition the Town but does not need to appear at a meeting.

B. Suzanne presented a Road Name Application to the Board from Larry Naylor. It was decided that since it is basically a driveway, the Board will not approve a name. Skip will draft a letter informing Mr. Naylor that he may erect a sign as long as it says PVT or Private and his address must remain on Shepardson Hollow Road for E911 purposes.

C. Bob asked Randy how he was coming with the letter regarding filters on meters. Randy indicated he should have a final completed by the end of the week.

D. Bob reported the Town will not be able to use the well at the Morse Lumber property for a municipal water supply due to its proximity to the building.

E. Steve Bessette suggested having the Zoning Office handle the E911 Coordination since they see all the Road Name Applications. The Board agreed this was a good idea. New SEC regulations for radios will go into effect in 2012 and may of the Town radios will be non-compliant, so we need to consider the expense in the 2010 or 2011 budget.

F. An energy audit of the Town Office building was completed today. A full report is forthcoming and will contain an itemized quote for each recommendation.

G. Bill noted he will be out of town this year for Town Meeting Day. He will have everything prepared in advance and will discuss the Town Report letter with Bob. All departments will need to have their reports to the Town Clerk. Suzanne will check with Deb Woodward to see what her deadline is.

6. Executive Session

Bill motioned to enter executive session to discuss a personnel matter at 8:07 pm, John seconded. Vote was 4-0-1. John motioned to exit executive session at 8:15 pm, Randy seconded. Vote was 4-0-1.

7. Adjournment

Bill motioned to adjourn at 8:16 pm, Charlie seconded. Vote was 4-0-1.

Respectfully submitted by Suzanne Lavallee,

Selectboard Administrative Assistant

Robert A. Horr, Selectboard Chair

The above minutes are unapproved , subject to amendment.

Go to Top of Page Go to Home Page Go to Topic Index