Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:05:25 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Burning of the Quaran
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: Burning of the Quaran  ( 24720 )
mirjo
: 785

« #30 : September 13, 2010, 11:21:14 AM »

Viewers=$$$

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Norton
: 85

« #31 : September 13, 2010, 05:28:37 PM »

Mirjo, thanks for your thoughtful comments

Regarding your wondering why the pledge of allegiance has "one nation under god" in it, originally it did not.  During the communist scare and Joseph McCarthy's persecution of anyone who didn't "toe the line" during that period of hysteria, the phrase "under god" was added.  Few politicians dared to state the obvious, that this was fundamentally contrary to the principles upon which this country is based.  That would have been political suicide, because like today, fear was being used to keep the common folk from questioning, and anyone courageous enough to speak the truth was vilified.  It was a time when faith in one particular god was equated with patriotism, and any other belief was condemned as traitorous.  It's too bad we're going through that again now.

There is no freedom of religion without freedom from religion.
al brodeur
: 216

« #32 : September 13, 2010, 08:16:29 PM »

religious intolerance? try Saudi Arabia, no christian churchs are allowed and no christian can go inside of mecca
does the Vatacian prohibit non Catholics?
Burning another religons Holy Book is wrong ,if you do not like it ,be a man and walk away.
the on thing that a lot of people do not realize is that over in some of these countries human life has no value.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #33 : September 14, 2010, 01:06:23 AM »

So most of us agree it was stupid for this mis guided soul, or as I call him, MORAN, to even suggest this?

He and his 50 member congregation must be so proud.

Where is GW when you need him?
slpott
: 457

« #34 : September 14, 2010, 04:59:13 AM »

Ya but look at how famous he is. I hardly ever see these discussions go to 3 pages. Some people travel to every starbucks in the world and some threaten to burn a book. It is what we make of it. I don't understand this tolerance thing though. Not in this case only but..tolerance, tolerance, tolerance. I say no tolerance in a lot of cases. Sometimes common sense should take over "your rights". HELLO It should be more like "is it for the betterment of society and community"? You don't see people freaking out over me burning my self help books. hee hee
cedarman
: 370

« #35 : September 14, 2010, 06:59:04 AM »

My Protesting for Dummys book says I am supposed to burn a stuffed representation of a social leader in in front of a news camera in response to the threat of burning self help books. Anyone want to help me make a Shumlin Dummy?

(Note for this hypersensative society in which we live:  the above comment is not a threat to any social or political leader.  I'll leave that to the extremist of the world).
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
: