Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:00:57 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Burning of the Quaran
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Burning of the Quaran  ( 24732 )
roadkill
: 80

« : September 09, 2010, 06:14:31 PM »

I think that this man needs to be arrested immediately as a matter of National Security, This man is an idiot and an exact opposite of preaching peace. If I were the President of The United States this man would be in jail; as a matter of National Security,,,, plus hes an ass.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : September 09, 2010, 06:20:01 PM »

are you kidding me ,this is an golden opportunity for the CIA to take pictures of the radical side of Muslims
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #2 : September 09, 2010, 06:42:49 PM »

He has the right to burn the Koran if he wants.  But he is a complete idiot if he does so.  It will inflame radical Muslims to more violence against Americans.  The latest news is that he has decided it was a bad idea to do it, and has said that he wont.

Special Ed, that's just plain sillly.  Anybody who is potentially a real danger (meaning intelligent) wouldnt be showing up there.

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
rod anode

« #3 : September 09, 2010, 06:50:03 PM »

I know its silly but if I said I would like to join him you would call me crazy so better to be silly than crazy,I think it is funny that one little man can cause so much strife all over the world
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #4 : September 09, 2010, 06:53:27 PM »

I wouldnt have called you crazy, but perhaps another idiot like the preacher. ;)

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
Mummy
: 280

« #5 : September 09, 2010, 07:12:27 PM »

What is silly here .... is that anyone is paying any attention to this whole thing.  How many times has the Bible been burned?  or the American flag been burned?   This is America  ... where you can do anything and it is your right! 

Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #6 : September 09, 2010, 08:19:03 PM »

True story in California on the 5th of May a high school of 600 kids took down an American flag burned it in front of the school and raised a Mexican flag in its place.  I did not see any news coverage on this event when it happened!!

Now some Preacher and his six buddies are going to burn a couple Korans and it makes headlines for a week!! All kinds of bleeding hearts speak out against him and people freak out about it for a week!!

Here is a story http://www.military.com/news/article/judge-overturns-nebraska-flag-mutilation-ban.html
  It's called the first amendment if it works this way for these pieces of trash this guy should be able to burn away in my book.

Is it a smart thing to do?  NO it is not that's why he isn't doing it but he sure did show how our priority's are screwed up in this country!! In my opinion anyway.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
7F24
: 253

« #7 : September 09, 2010, 08:42:25 PM »

If the press had ignored this idiot, no one would know or care what he is doing.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #8 : September 09, 2010, 11:27:22 PM »

Apparently he is now "rethinking it". It now has been postponed not cancelled.
Whatever.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
rod anode

« #9 : September 10, 2010, 04:38:05 AM »

I'm getting bored with all the religious tolerance stuff in the news lately.

All we ever here is tolerance of Islam. Let them build a Mosque at ground zero. Dont burn the Koran.

I'm looking forward to Christmas, when we can get back to INTOLERANCE, and start hearing all the stories about cities banning the Manger and Nativity scenes
Shadylane08
: 125

« #10 : September 10, 2010, 07:49:27 AM »

To add to your post Josh, that same day, I believe same school a couple kids wore tee-shirts that had american flags on them.  The school actually threatened them if the tee-shirts weren't removed they would be suspended.  This is in America!!!  Heres the article

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Students-Wearing-American-Flag-Shirts-Sent-Home-92945969.html

On a side note what does everyone think of Burlington shutting down all its schools today so that their muslim resisdents can observe their religious holiday today?  Kinda rubs me the wrong way.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20100910/NEWS02/100909023/Burlington-schools-take-a-Muslim-holiday
cedarman
: 370

« #11 : September 10, 2010, 08:23:02 AM »

I think ALL government employees should have to work ALL religious based holidays (unless they fall on a weekend, or the employee uses vacation time).  No Christmas off, no Easter off.  Don't give me the excuse that Christmas is now a secular holiday because most people who celebrate it are not religious.

The government and media can "preach" religious tolerance, and can force the removal of religious symbols on government property (and apparently on private property too if your neighbors don't like the cross in your front yard).

It always confounds me to hear stories about schools forcing kids to NOT do something patriotic (like wearing a flag shirt) because it might offend someone.  Are you freaking kidding me???  IF the red, white, and blue of the flag of the United States of America offend you get the 7734 out of our country.  Go live with the extremist muslims, or anyone else for that matter.

As for this character in FL, it wasn't a news story here in the US until it became a news story over seas thanks to a Muslim tolerance group beating their drum in FL.  That story was picked up by several Islam supported media sources over seas months ago when he first started talking about it.  It has been building up steam over there, and then became a story here.
Margie
: 156

« #12 : September 10, 2010, 12:57:16 PM »

I have been thinking of what to say here...but figured this article does a better job than anything I can say...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/09/10/ramadan.roadtrip.folo/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

And, for the record, according to the rules - wearing the US flag as a garment is wrong.  And T-Shirts with flag representations are considered "flags".  The Flag Code states that the flag should never be worn. (Section 8d): "The flag should never be used as wearing apparel." 
Shadylane08
: 125

« #13 : September 10, 2010, 02:17:25 PM »

You are 100% correct the rules say the flag should not be worn as a garment of clothing or on a garment of clothing, but whats a bigger disrespect to our nations flag?  Having it on a t-shirt, or lowered from the flag pole and burned?  Its bad enough that sort of thing happens on a daily basis in certain countries overseas, but its also becoming common place on our own soil, and we're suppose to turn a blind eye b/c whoever is burning it "its their right to do what they want", but not our right to speak up over it?  Whatever this is going to turn into a completely different topic so we'll keep that one for a different day.

My gripe about the burlington schools taking today off for a Muslim holiday is this.  How often do you hear people complaining about how religion shouldn't be in schools?  The pledge of allegiance can't be said in the classroom anymore because it says "one nation under god".  But a school gives a religious holiday to a religion that at that school takes up around 7.5% of the population?  If we're going to keep all of our residents happy should we also have these days off?

January 26th:  Australia Day
February 14th:  the Chinese New Year
Ash Wednesday
March 17th(st patricks day):  Irish religious holiday
Good Friday:  Christian religious holiday

Could go on and on.  I'm just saying if religion should be kept out of school then ALL religion should be kept out of school.  Just my opinion.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #14 : September 10, 2010, 05:33:07 PM »

Here's the quick link from Margie's post:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/09/10/ramadan.roadtrip.folo/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: