Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:54:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A new low
« previous next »
: [1]
: A new low  ( 6474 )
monte198
: 79

« : September 02, 2010, 01:58:16 AM »

Heres the incident.  Last weekend i attended the wedding of two fairfax residences Jessica Rushford and Rob Amos.  There reception was held at the Fletcher Elementary school.  While at the wedding one of the guest decided to help themselves to the pile of wedding cards.  The suspect (s) slit the envelopes took out the cards emptied the contants and put the cards back into the pile.  I have to say its nice of them to put the cards back but, how low do you have to be to take the money out of the card.  I thought i have seen it all but this is just a new low.  Most of the guest at the wedding were from Fairfax or had ties to Fairfax.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : September 02, 2010, 04:10:04 AM »

does the school have survailance cameras?
ASDuling
: 75

« #2 : September 02, 2010, 07:15:30 AM »

Not sure you can assume it was a wedding "guest". It's probably easy to crash a wedding, especially an outdoor one. Not everyone knows everyone at a wedding, even the couple could assume it was a date of one of their invited guests. This could be a case of someone blending in, pretending to be a guest, and making off with the loot.

I'd say ask everyone to share their wedding photos, hopefully someone caught something suspicious in the background.

Horrible, horrible, horrible. My heart goes out to the wedding couple.
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #3 : September 02, 2010, 08:09:45 AM »

Wow, that is really a cruel crime.  I agree with the poster who said that it could be someone who was not an invited guest, which I think is a strong possibility.

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #4 : September 02, 2010, 01:41:41 PM »

WOW talk about a lowlife!!! I really hope Robbie and Jess figure out who did this!!!!!!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Mummy
: 280

« #5 : September 02, 2010, 09:09:41 PM »

OMG ...

Just wondering if this was the first time this "lowlifer" got away with this?
Shadylane08
: 125

« #6 : September 03, 2010, 07:41:30 AM »

If this person was brazen enough to do this at and during the wedding reception, it means they've got the confidence that they'll get away with it, which also means they've probably done it before.  In the past year or two I've been at a couple events where very similar things have happened.  They'll be found out, its too small of a town for it not to get out eventually.
Mummy

« #7 : September 03, 2010, 09:44:20 AM »

Over the years I have heard of a stolen Wishing Well, where someone takes off with the entire item at a Wedding that holds the cards.  This took much time to remove the card from the area; open the  card; remove the contents; place the card back into the envelope and the return to its original location.  This had to occur several times which is scary!  in the future folks should assign someone to visually watch the envelope area.
Shadylane08
: 125

« #8 : September 03, 2010, 09:47:23 AM »

It's really too bad that we live in a time and apparently a place where we need to assign security to the gifts at a wedding, but your right mummy apparently its come to that.
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #9 : September 03, 2010, 09:55:30 AM »

Unfortunately what's changed from the times where you thought this stuff didn't happen is the internet, and more rights for criminals.

I'd commented earlier this year about a PBS special about the great flood in vermont.  Looters - were hung on site when caught looting.  Sometimes they'd bring the locals over to see the hanging too.

I agree, no one sat there and opned and closed every cad in sight.  This act had to happen either over many visits ( taking a few cards at a time and returning others) or it happened 2x - oce to get them all and take them somewhere to open and loot, and then once to drop them back.  CSI Vegas could figure it out.   

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Mummy

« #10 : September 03, 2010, 01:43:17 PM »

experience!
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #11 : September 04, 2010, 12:34:42 AM »

Man,
I love that movie!
: [1]  
« previous next »