Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:18:37 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  New Fairfax Emergency Management Weather Link
« previous next »
: [1]
: New Fairfax Emergency Management Weather Link  ( 5690 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 15, 2010, 07:30:17 PM »

Steve Bessette just informed me that he has the Fairfax Emergency Management Weather Link on line.  The rain for last 24 hours is off due to powering down unit.

I have it on my front page under Fairfax News in the left hand column at the top of the column, or you can also put it in your favorites:

By the way its snowing here at 473 Fletcher Road.
« : October 16, 2010, 07:45:59 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
mmillette
: 41

« #1 : October 15, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »

Thanks Henry!!
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : October 16, 2010, 08:18:36 AM »

The Link to the Filberti weather station near the top of Buck Hill is:

http://www.weatherlink.com/user/fairfaxvt/

The Emergency Management one is at the Fire Station.  I will be interested in seeing what the difference is in the wind speeds between the two.

Henry Raymond
Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« #3 : October 16, 2010, 09:35:04 AM »

I would also be interested to see the wind speed difference between here and the village.   Our station is sort of below our tree line so I'm sure the winds are buffered somewhat.   Our high gust yesterday was 30mph.   

If you go to the Summary tab from the weather station's WEB page you will see that our Storm Total is 2.55 inches.  This total accounts for all of the precipitation from the start of the storm ( Thursday evening ) to current.

I'm interested to see the temperature difference between here and village.  On a cold and windless winter morning when the air sinks it could be warmer by 10 degrees or more up here on the hill.

Steve what did you program as the elevation for the station?  I believe mine is set at 760'

Dave 
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : October 16, 2010, 09:45:20 AM »

I do know that the winds whip through there pretty good as my In Laws used to live where Everett King lives now and walking across St. Luke's Parking lot is no picnic on a cold winter's night.

The coldest spot in town used to be Foothills Bakery.

Henry Raymond
7F5
: 44

« #5 : October 16, 2010, 11:01:06 AM »

According to my Garmin Etrex Vista HCX the elevation here at the fire station is 432 feet.
One thing I know it is pretty open down here and the wind always seems to be moving.

Steve-7F5
7F5
: 44

« #6 : October 16, 2010, 11:12:18 AM »

When I installed the weatherlinks module I believe I had around 1.46" of rain. Then what it collected after I powered up was .68", so I think the storm total was around 2.18". We will has to wait until the next storm to do some comparisons.

Steve
MikeF9
: 1994

« #7 : October 16, 2010, 12:00:06 PM »

I had just under 3 inches in my raingauge.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator

« #8 : October 16, 2010, 05:53:07 PM »

I just received a link to Jim Rogers Weather Recording Station, along with the following note, so now we have 3 to check out. 

Henry ... I am an amature wether hobbist and I have created a web page with streaming real time data from my Davis V2Pro weather station located here in Fairfax. Also automatically pulling down realtime warnings from NOAA which will show on the page with details if we are under alert. Working to add NOAA forecasts.  Passing on to you as others in Fairfax may be interested in more "local" weather data.

Here is the link:

http://pwp.surfglobal.net/jnarogers/weather.shtm
Thanks .... Jim

I have put the link up where you can select anyone of the three stations you chose to check out.  It is on the front page on the left hand side at the top.

« : October 16, 2010, 05:56:04 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: