Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:31:02 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Looks Kind Of Nasty Out There This Morning
« previous next »
: [1]
: Looks Kind Of Nasty Out There This Morning  ( 5097 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 15, 2010, 09:19:20 AM »

This is one of those days when I look out and think how nice it is I don't have to head out and go to work.  Looks like the wind, along with the rain is going to take care of whatever leaves are left on the trees.

If we are lucky, we won't have any power outages.  I noticed on Facebook that there are a few football games scheduled for tonight.  Interesting thing about football, even though I am not very familiar with the games, I don't think I have heard of any games re-scheduled because of bad weather, however, if things don't improve, I suppose that could happen.

Its 42 degrees here at the house, so some of you in the higher elevations might just see a few flakes of snow.  I haven't given a thought yet to putting on my winter tires, its just too early.
« : October 15, 2010, 09:42:12 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : October 15, 2010, 10:01:02 AM »

fasten your seatbelts......................

Issued at: 10:19 AM EDT 10/15/10, expires at: 7:00 PM EDT 10/15/10

Winter weather advisory in effect until 8 am edt Saturday.
The NWS in burlington has issued a winter weather advisory, which is in effect until 8 am edt Saturday.
Locations, above 1500 feet across northern and central Vermont mountains.
Hazard types, heavy wet snow.
Accumulations, 1 to 6 inches, with localized higher amounts above 2000 feet.
Timing, from this morning through 8 am Saturday.
Impacts, this heavy wet snow will cause tree limbs and powerlines to come down. Scattered power outages across the higher terrain are possible.
Winds, north 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
Temperatures, in the 30s
Web cams and surface observations already show snow accumulating above 1500 feet. North shrewsbury Vermont reported 1.0 inch of snow.
Precautionary/preparedness actions,
Please stay tuned to noaa weather radio, your local media, or go to www.weather.gov/burlington for further updates on this weather situation.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : October 15, 2010, 12:24:27 PM »

I was told when I got to work that it was snowing in Lincoln, VT already today!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
cedarman
: 370

« #3 : October 15, 2010, 03:15:37 PM »

Maybe i'll put the plow on the old truck a little earlier than originally planned.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #4 : October 15, 2010, 04:14:22 PM »

Snowing near Killington, just got some pictures from a guy I work with.  State trucks are out down there!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
El Heff-ay
: 14

« #5 : October 15, 2010, 04:25:58 PM »

Here's thr warnings from ACCUWEATHER

Fairfax, VT Weather Advisories, Watches & Warnings
AREAL FLOOD WATCH
in effect until Saturday, Oct 16, 8:00 PM
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING...

THE FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR

* PORTIONS OF NORTHERN NEW YORK AND VERMONT...INCLUDING THE EASTERN ADIRONDACK MOUNTAINS...CHAMPLAIN VALLEY...EXCEPT GRAND ISLE COUNTY...AND ALL OF CENTRAL AND NORTHERN VERMONT.

* THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING

* RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES WITH LOCALIZED AMOUNTS NEAR 3 INCHES IN WINDSOR COUNTY HAVE FALLEN. AN ADDITIONAL HALF TO ONE INCH IS POSSIBLE...ESPECIALLY ON THE EASTERN AND NORTHEAST SLOPES OF THE ADIRONDACKS AND THE CHAMPLAIN VALLEY.

* RIVERS AND STREAMS HAVE EXPERIENCED SHARP RISES. ANY ADDITIONAL RAINFALL COULD PRODUCE FLOOD PROBLEMS...ESPECIALLY FOR SMALL STREAMS...ROADSIDE DITCHES...AND AREAS WITH POOR DRAINAGE.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE ALERT FOR POSSIBLE FLOOD WARNINGS. THOSE LIVING IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING SHOULD BE PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLOODING DEVELOP.

&&

WIND ADVISORY
in effect until Saturday, Oct 16, 4:00 AM
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EDT SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON CONTINUES THE WIND ADVISORY...UNTIL 4 AM EDT SATURDAY.

* LOCATIONS...NORTHERN AND CENTRAL VERMONT AND THE NORTHERN ADIRONDACKS OF NEW YORK...INCLUDING THE CHAMPLAIN VALLEY.

* HAZARDS...STRONG AND GUSTY NORTH TO NORTHWEST WINDS.

* WINDS...NORTHWEST 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH...WILL SLOWLY DECREASE BY LATE THIS EVENING.

* TIMING...THROUGH EARLY SATURDAY MORNING.

* BURLINGTON ASOS REPORTED A WIND GUST TO 43 MPH AT 227 PM. ALSO...DIAMOND ISLAND ON LAKE CHAMPLAIN REPORTED A 61 MPH WIND GUST AT 300 PM.

* IMPACTS...SCATTERED TREE AND LIMB DAMAGE ALONG WITH SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES CAN BE ANTICIPATED...ESPECIALLY IN EXPOSED OR ELEVATED TERRAIN...AND ACROSS THE CHAMPLAIN VALLEY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 31 TO 39 MPH ARE EXPECTED...ALONG WITH GUSTS OF 46 TO 57 MPH. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT...ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. USE EXTRA CAUTION.

PLEASE STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO...YOUR LOCAL MEDIA...OR GO TO WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BURLINGTON FOR FURTHER UPDATES ON THIS WEATHER SITUATION.
Henry
Administrator

« #6 : October 15, 2010, 07:38:51 PM »

Snowing here now too at 473 Fletcher Road

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #7 : October 15, 2010, 07:53:37 PM »

well, I have to admit I was excited for a few minutes, but the snow has stopped falling - shucks!!

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: