Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:59:16 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Spend It Before You Lose It
« previous next »
: [1]
: Spend It Before You Lose It  ( 2428 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 20, 2010, 08:27:18 AM »

Consumers will soon find some changes when it comes to purchasing and using gift cards.  The changes are part of the Credit Card Accountability,Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009.

Beginning August 22, the length of expiration for both universal and individual cards must be extended to a minimum of five years.  As of now, many cards expire a year after the purchase date.

However it is not all good news.

"Now that they(banks) can no longer make money on the consumer end, they have taken those fees and moved them to the merchant, so our fees are going up," said Jamie Polli with the University Mall in South Burlington.

At University Mall that means the fee for purchasing a gift card will go from one dollar to three dollars. However, the monthly maintenance fee, currently used, will no longer be valid.

The change is supposed to protect consumers from unfair practices.  Advice from the experts though, a gift card is like cash so spend it before you lose it.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: