Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:15:23 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  This Date in Fairfax History- August 16, 1991 "South Pacific"
« previous next »
: [1]
: This Date in Fairfax History- August 16, 1991 "South Pacific"  ( 3219 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : August 17, 2010, 09:27:13 PM »

This Date in Fairfax History
August 16, 1991

The newly formed Fairfax Community Theatre presents it's premiere performance of Rogers and Hammerstein's "South Pacific" in the old gym at BFA-Fairfax.
The theatre company just finished it's 50th production-"The Chronicles of Narnia-The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" this summer.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
woodstoves2
: 46

« #1 : August 19, 2010, 10:08:41 PM »

SP Live from Lincoln Center was on PBS last night.  I called my daughter, Liz, (in Brooklyn) to tell her it was on.
She was not quite eleven when she finished shooting 10 free throws in a row in the BFA parking lot and then  asked me if she could go to the FCTC auditions.  With the cast short of males, she wound up wearing a moustache and a sailor suit singing "There Ain't Nothing Like A Dame". Many years and shows later, I watched her play Lady MacBeth ("Out Damn Spot!") in Seattle's Shakespeare In The Park.
No more theater for her now. Instead she raises my first grandson and works as a school administrator. But I learned something with that phone call. It turns out my tough, Brooklyn-born, former long-shoreman son-in-law played Luther Billis in his high school production of South Pacific.  He also played in Oklahoma, as Liz did with the FCTC.  ....something in common. Sweet.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : August 20, 2010, 12:08:45 AM »

THAT is what that was on PBS.... 8/18.
I couldn't sleep last night so I  popped on PBS and saw that.

I knew I recognized it but that stage they had messed me up.

Usually PBS lulls me to a slumber but I was enjoying it, for about 30 minutes, and *poof*, I was out.
Margie
: 156

« #3 : August 20, 2010, 09:27:32 AM »

Liz was the best "guy" we had in that chorus!  I wish I knew where the photos went...she was 11 going on 25.  Liz is one of the best actresses I've had the honor to work with.  And her dad isn't too shabby either...

Next year is our 20th anniversary season.  Hard to believe considering how it all started. 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: