Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:51:32 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Open House in Honor of Sharon Horr
« previous next »
: [1]
: Open House in Honor of Sharon Horr  ( 7023 )
cowtchr
: 17

« : August 14, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »

There will be an Open House in Sharon Horr's honor on Saturday, August 21, 2010 at the Fairfax Community Library from 2pm-4pm.  For more details on Sharon's extensive contributions as longtime Community Librarian, please click on the following link written and posted by Henry on June 24, 2010.  http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=9437.0
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : August 15, 2010, 06:27:41 AM »

Please take the time to visit our library and thank Sharon for her tenure as our librarian!
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : August 17, 2010, 06:49:08 PM »

I'm not sure if it's planned or not , but wouldn't it be great for the town, school , residents and Fairfax Community Library if Marnie Kneeland and Joy Lebaron could join in Sharon's reception on the 21st. What a festival of talent would be there for her celebration.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #3 : August 21, 2010, 08:04:52 AM »

Enjoy your day, Sharon, and thanks !

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Marnie
: 2

« #4 : August 21, 2010, 11:38:48 AM »

Adding my best wishes for a happy retirement, Sharon.  I highly recommend it.

The Fairfax Community Library has come a long way from its days in the Selectman's Room by the Town Clerk's office at BFA.  I recall some hot summer days interfiling the catalog cards from the town and school library catalogs in the classroom that served as the high school library.  Who ever thought then that there would be an on-line catalog that I can see from my home computer here in Massachusetts?  Sharon has played a large part in making the library a modern, effective community organization.  Fairfax is lucky to have had such a dedicated librarian.

Enjoy your freedom from a schedule.  You may even find time to read.

Marnie (Kneeland) Oakes

Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #5 : August 21, 2010, 06:58:28 PM »

Marnie; Sharon was so delighted to receive your phone call this afternoon at her reception!! Thank you!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #6 : August 21, 2010, 07:26:50 PM »

Check out photos I took today at the retirement party:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/photos/sharon_retirement_100821

Sharon's son Brett was taking some photos and may send them on to me or I can give him authorization to upload himself to add to the above gallery.

Henry Raymond
cowtchr
: 17

« #7 : August 21, 2010, 08:57:29 PM »

Terrific photos, Henry.  Many thanks for putting them up here so quickly.

The Reverend Elizabeth and the Fairfax Community Library Board,

Thank you very much for the wonderful celebration in honor of Mom.  It was lovely and the dedication of the children's area was heartwarming.

Marnie,

Mom was delighted with your phone call.  Thank you.

Thank you kindly to all community members and friends who expressed sentiments and helped celebrate.  Folks continue to make Fairfax a truly special place.

Most Gratefully,

Kelley Horr Mills

Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #8 : August 22, 2010, 07:09:52 AM »

It was great to see all you kids there Kelly - I have heard the statement a lot lately - "Fairfax is truly a special place" and it is people like your Mom that make it that way.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: