Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:42:05 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  18 Year Old Christopher Cox Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: 18 Year Old Christopher Cox Passes Away  ( 3548 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 12, 2006, 07:08:58 AM »

CHRISTOPHER GRIFFITH COX FAIRFAX — Christopher Griffith Cox has so sadly died at the innocent young age of 18. He was home- schooled during his high school years and graduated in June. His family: Mom, Dad, Sister and Brother were his life. He was an avid deer hunter and an even more avid fisherman. He loved to fish no matter what the weather. His favorite pastime was to fish from his paddle boat in Arrowhead Lake in Georgia. He loved the outdoors and enjoyed many peaceful afternoon hikes in the woods with family members. He would sometimes bring a camera with him and took many breathtaking nature photos, several of which hang on our living room wall. Chris enjoyed biking and riding his four- wheeler. He recently got his first new bowling ball and was beginning to get into bowling with his brother and dad. Chris loved his big brother, Mike, and they enjoyed their time together, however too short. Chris was very close to his little sister, Jenny. They were true buddies and enjoyed playing and joking together. He enjoyed working out with his dad lifting weights, playing racquetball and basketball; and was his right-hand man for working around the home. Chris's bond with his mother was perhaps the strongest; the mutual deep love, compassion, and respect were paramount. His quick wit, joking manner, and sense of humor made him a pleasure to be around. He even loved playing kickball in the front yard with the whole family. He learned to weld and built a gocart. Chris had a big heart and was always very polite and courteous, being the first to reach his hand out with a firm handshake while making a new acquaintance. Chris helped drive a large truck full of donated supplies across the country with his dad five days after Hurricane Katrina. He handed out donations and at the end of the day, said, “Dad, I know I'm going to heaven because I've just been blessed by so many people.“ He opened his arms and shared his home and belongings with three displaced cousins after the hurricane, Richard Mauffray, Tommy Wallace, and Jessica Jordan. He was so kind and has helped change tires of people broken down. He recently helped a young family friend, a 6-year-old Cub Scout build his first Pinewood derby car, which won first place. Chris was a blessing and a vital part of his family. He was good child with a bright, long future and it's not fair. He loved his dog Eve. Christopher is preceded in death by his loving grandfather, George Kaiser, whom he called “Tad.“ Chris will be survived and sorely missed by: his mom and dad, Kathy and Chuck Cox; his little sister Jennifer; and his big brother Michael; grandmother Edith Keiser; grandparents Jake and Evelyn Jacob; aunts and uncles Bill and Jodi Cox, David and Pam Cox, Lex and Kathy Mauffray, Laura Cox; and many, many greataunts, greatuncles, and cousins. He also leaves his longtime friend, Craig. A memorial service will be held in the United Methodist Church on Lake Road, St. Albans Bay, at 10 a.m. on Friday, July 14. Burial will be at a later date. In lieu of flowers, Chris loved animals, so donations if you wish can go to the Franklin County Humane Society, 30 Sunset Meadows, St. Albans.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: