Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:21:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  BUSY, BUSY WEEKEND HERE IN FAIRFAX
« previous next »
: [1]
: BUSY, BUSY WEEKEND HERE IN FAIRFAX  ( 3002 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 07, 2004, 07:06:48 AM »

Hi All,

A great weekend which with the end of the fair, school starting, a few odd trees with tinges of color and of course the following site:

The above photo was sent to me by Cathy Thayer who snapped this photo showing the balloon over BFA with the Town Office on the left.  This might be one of Jeff Snyder’s balloons who is from Jericho and does make a few landings here in Fairfax.  In case you’re interested Jeff has a web site:

http://www.balloonvermont.com/

I have absolutely no idea how much these balloon flights cost, but if anyone does take a flight and goes over Fairfax, don’t forget your camera.  I think one could definitely get some great photos of Fairfax.  Don’t know how well they can control where they are going, but a photo of our Rec Park in progress would be great.  If you would like to see what the finished project is going to look like, go to Brad Murray’s web site and click on the following:

http://kd1bl.tripod.com/recpark.html

I’m going to try and get down to the Rec Park project this morning since the sun seems to be shining pretty good and grab a few photos before The National Guard comes in this weekend to do some work on Saturday and Sunday.  Also, if you would like to be a part of this project and tell your children and grandchildren “I helped,” you can do so by volunteering:

This Saturday and Sunday September 11th & 12th is a Vermont Army National Guard work weekend, we need to have a community member present to track the Guard activity and be a point of contact for the Guard if neither Myles Cahoon or Carol Lizotte aren't available to be down there.  A clipboard and a tracking sheet is provided with what to record.  It's pretty unchallenging and the volunteer "overseer" should bring a lawn chair and something to read.  (I would also recommend bringing your camera – I would be glad if you don’t have a digital camera to scan the photos and put them up on my web site – so those not able, can see the activity going on) It's very interesting and exciting to be on site when the Guard are working, with all their heavy equipment and earth moving activities.  We really appreciate all the work and time they are providing Fairfax.  

The Vermont Army National Guard will be on site at the Fairfax Community Park Project this weekend.  Myles and Carol are looking for volunteers to monitor the Guard activity.  The schedule they are trying to fill, is a follows.  Anyone interested can contact Carol via email or phone (preferably by email).

SATURDAY SEPT 11 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
SATURDAY SEPT 11 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM
SATURDAY SEPT 11 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM
SATURDAY SEPT 11 3:00 PM - 5:30 PM
SUNDAY SEPT 12 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
SUNDAY SEPT 12 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM
SUNDAY SEPT 12 1:00 PM - 5:30 PM (usually Guard leave early)

Fairfax Community Park & Recreation Path Project Contact cal100@educert.com or 827-9723

It looks like a very busy weekend here in Fairfax.  On Saturday, September 11, 2004
(Nice Weather Predicted)

St. Luke’s Lawn and Bake Sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.

The Vermont Army National Guard at The Fairfax Community Park Project

Bean-Hole Bean Dinner at The Baptist Building at 5 p.m.

Sunday, September 12, 2004
(Nice Weather Predicted)

Knights of Columbus Children’s Carnival after 11 a.m. Mass

The Vermont Army National Guard at The Fairfax Community Park Project

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: