Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:26:36 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Friends Of Kenny Jerome Gathering For 1 Year Anniversary
« previous next »
: [1]
: Friends Of Kenny Jerome Gathering For 1 Year Anniversary  ( 3193 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 07, 2006, 08:02:41 AM »

Year Later, Still No Arrest in Farmhand Murder

Sheldon, Vermont - July 7, 2006

Friday marks the one year anniversary of a murder that has baffled investigators in Franklin County.

Farm-hand Kenny Jerome was killed by a sniper last year as he worked on the Magnan Farm in Sheldon. Police investigators have focused on the Harness family who own the neighboring property, but so far no arrests have been made.

Many locals say they know who did it, and that it was related to a long-running family feud.

Jerome's friends and family are offering a seven thousand dollar reward in the case.

A group of people are getting together in Binghamville cemetery at 7 PM Friday evening for a little tribute and remembrance. Nothing formal just freinds getting together to remember Kenny.

Afterwards Terry and Joanne Magnan are having a get together at the farm in Sheldon.

For those friends of Kenny who haven't been made aware, all of Kenny's friends are invited.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : July 07, 2006, 09:28:32 PM »

Year Later, Still No Arrest in Farmhand Murder

Sheldon, Vermont - July 7, 2006

It was one year ago today that 33-year-old Kenny Jerome was killed by a sniper as he fed some cows on the Magnan Farm in Sheldon. Police say the fatal shot came from this rocky ledge several hundred feet away.

"He was an excellent hired man and considered him part of the family," said Terry Magnan, Jerome's former employer on the Magnan Farm.

From the beginning, police investigators have focused on the Harness family who own the neighboring property, but so far no arrests have been made. Many locals say they know who did it, and that it was related to a long-running family feud.

Lieutenant Brian Miller of the Vermont State Police is one of the lead investigators in the case. "At this point we are not at a position where we feel we have probable cause to charge anybody with the offense, feel like we have made a lot of progress in the last year."

Terry Magnan says he just wants closer.  "It's been frustrating, but I'm not surprised because of the lack of evidence, just have to keep hoping."

Even though a year has gone by, Miller says they are still receiving new information that may lead them to Jerome's killer. "In the last couple of weeks we have had some new information that has come in. The case is very much in the front of our plate, a priority for us and will continue to be so."

Two former homicide investigators from New York City are also investigating on behalf of an insurance company. An arrest would finally mean closure for Jerome's family and friends.

"We want to know what happened and why. He was a big part of the operation and we do miss him." said Joanne Magnan.

Jerome's family and friends are offering a nine thousand dollar reward in the case.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: