Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:36:52 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  How Hot Is It Here In Fairfax?
« previous next »
: [1]
: How Hot Is It Here In Fairfax?  ( 4244 )
7F5
: 44

« : July 08, 2010, 01:16:20 PM »

At 2:00 PM here at the fire station it was 96.0 F, the heat index is at 108.0 F. Went out and measured the asphalt temperature, it was 138.0 F.

People please be careful, stay inside with a fan or A. C., and drink plenty of water. Water is the best, as sweetend products can actually cause you to drink more and not have the hydration effect that water does on your body.

Check on your neighbors especially if they are sick, elderly or can not ambulate easily.

Best of luck, this is suppose to break Friday night.

Steve Bessette, EMC
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : July 08, 2010, 02:03:30 PM »

Just went out and got my mail and double check to see that my thermometer was not in the sun.  It was in the shade and registers 98.2.  I do not keep any records, but don't believe I have ever seen my thermometer go that high.  Checked with my sister "Tee" last night and she said she was doing fine, but definitely not doing anything.  Tonight she is volunteering at the Gift Shop down at the Fanny Allen in the air conditioning, so suspect she is loving life.

Maryann and I were discussing the fact that it is amazing we have not heard of anyone getting heat stroke as this weather, particularly up here in the NorthEast for such a long period of time is practically unheard of - I don't know what the heat index is, but it is unbearable out there.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : July 08, 2010, 05:06:46 PM »

I checked on my neighbor and she is doing fine. Not doing much, but hanging out in front of the fan.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: