Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:56:52 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  DSL location
« previous next »
: [1]
: DSL location  ( 6048 )
dmgp1978
: 24

« : June 22, 2010, 10:23:05 PM »

I spoke with Fairpoint today to add a service and while I had them on the line asked if DSL was available/would be available at my house anytime soon.  They said I should find out how close it was to my house.  If I have a neighbor close by, they would send an engineer to determine my availability.  If you have DSL and live on Wilkins or Tabor Hill Rd in Fairfax or Ellsworth Rd in Fletcher, could you reply to this message and let me know where you are.  Dial up is getting so old!  Broadband can't beam in as we're in a little valley.  Thanks.

Dawn
Corm
: 65

« #1 : June 23, 2010, 06:58:13 AM »

I live on Wilkins road, one mile from Fletcher Road. I've had DSL service for 4 years or so.

Corm
dmgp1978

« #2 : June 23, 2010, 10:39:14 AM »

That's a little too far I think.  He said try for someone 1/4 mile or less.  If you're up a mile, you're over a mile from us as we're on Ellsworth in Fletcher.  Thanks for replying.
rogers9993
: 30

« #3 : June 23, 2010, 12:00:25 PM »

DSL is not available to any address on Ellsworth Rd at this time. Fairfax exchange is scheduled to have 100% coverage by the end of next year.
FletcherGram
: 103

« #4 : June 24, 2010, 07:05:33 AM »

I'm a little past Ellsworth. Couple months ago I couldn't get DSL. I've had a  verizon "air stick" for a couple yrs. Service is going down hill with that. They told me more user on the system and equipment hasn't been upgraded yet. So I went with HughesNet satellite dish. Same monthly cost as the air stick. Installation was a little steep but got a rebate on some of it. So far so good.
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #5 : June 24, 2010, 11:39:29 AM »

i live on Cambridge rd, in Fletcher we have Wildblue thru Directv and are very happy with it.
cassyt
: 84

« #6 : June 24, 2010, 08:16:52 PM »

My daughter just got wireless from Surfglobe and loves it she is of rood mill road
dmgp1978

« #7 : June 24, 2010, 08:56:04 PM »

Thanks for the replies so far, more welcome.  I would love to have Surfglobal, they are still not able to get to us.  We're in a valley and as such, makes it difficult to beam things in.  We have Dish network for TV, but at least according to the search, we can't get internet services.  Don't really want to switch over again or have two providers.  We have Verizon cell phones and get spotty service in our office, so . . . as you can see we've been checking everything for several years.  Looks like it will be a race between Fairpoint DSL and Globalnet, both of whom tell me upgrades are on the way.  BTW, I heard some real nightmare stories about Hughesnet, hope your experience continues to be positive FletcherGram.  Was hoping someone close by had DSL so I could possibly speed up Fairpoint with more demand.  Oh well I'll have to be patient.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: