Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:29:01 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  This Date in Fairfax History-June 24. 1992 Old Town Hall Moved
« previous next »
: [1]
: This Date in Fairfax History-June 24. 1992 Old Town Hall Moved  ( 1931 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : June 24, 2010, 07:22:27 PM »

This Date in Fairfax History-June 24, 1992
The Old Town Hall Moved

It used to be the Old Town Hall. Town Meetings were held there. It became the casket show room for the A.W. Rich Funeral home and the Hayes-Rich Funeral Home.
On June 24, 1992, it was moved across the street to where the old Fire Station was to become the Fairfax Historical Society Museum.
Some 400 people showed up to see the move. Some said it was the biggest thing to happen in Fairfax since the 1927 Flood.

Please note the back door. There is something on the doorsterp. Lucien Hayes, who, along with his wife, Carol, donated the building to the Fairfax Historical Society for use as a museum, had been drinking a soda. He happeedn to place the soda on the doorway. The building was moved across the street, placed on the new foundation, and the bottle stayed stationary. Not a drop was spilled.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: