Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:49:46 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Logging Truck attempting to cross the Green Bridge
« previous next »
: [1]
: Logging Truck attempting to cross the Green Bridge  ( 4507 )
Mummy
: 280

« : June 12, 2010, 09:49:18 AM »

Thursday night around 9pm I could not believe what I was seeing.   A Logging Truck coming from River Road attempting to make a RIGHT hand turn onto the GREEN Bridge by the Damn!  After 5 or 6 attempts he did give up.   He proceeded up Goose Pond Road.  Does anyone know if an 18-Wheeler has the Clarance to cross the Green Bridge?  The next day I looked for signs but did not see any and it does have a few green steel support beams up there.  I just couldn't tell if there was enough room for that size of a truck to clear going across that bridge. 
Mummy
: 280

« #1 : June 15, 2010, 11:34:22 AM »

No signs of weight or height restrictions on the Green Bridge to stop the 18-wheelers from crossing.
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #2 : June 16, 2010, 10:04:58 AM »

No signs indeed - but common sense should ring out - A) if the bridge was meant for big truck traffic - there would be adequate clearance for him to negotiate the turn onto the bridge - this is the number one sign it's not meant for the truck. B) Does it really look like the small green bridge is made for such vehicles? C) What GPS would instruct one with a loggign truck to take such a route?

If it was someone tryign to take a short cut - or knowingly break legal load limits - than i hoe they enjoyed either the lengthy 4-5 mile trip to cambridge or findign a sutiable place to turn around which is easily 1.5 - 2 miles up the road.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Corm
: 65

« #3 : June 16, 2010, 11:21:11 AM »

- C) What GPS would instruct one with a logging truck to take such a route? -

Just to answer your question -  No GPS that I have ever used makes any distinction regarding the type of vehicle you are driving. It just plots the course, usually asking if you want the shortest, or quickest route (I know that sounds wierd, but the shortest isn't always the quickest, and vise versa). I drive all over New England every week, and a use GPS regularly. My favorite is a Tom-Tom unit.

Corm
sfc
: 46

« #4 : June 17, 2010, 12:51:25 PM »

I saw a mess with 2 tractor trailers this week, and note also that there ARE "NOT" signs warning drivers not to keep going.  Is there any way someone can put up a sign?  The mess I saw was a truck that had to turn around before the bakery, while another truck was coming down the Fletcher Road.  I felt sorry for both drivers.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: