Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:52:40 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Police Investigating Home Improvement Fraud in Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Police Investigating Home Improvement Fraud in Fairfax  ( 5672 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 09, 2010, 06:46:48 PM »

On June 7, 2010, Vermont State Police (VSP) St. Albans Barracks were notified of a home improvement fraud complaint involving Leonard Percy, age 31, from the Jay, VT area.  The seventy year old victim advised that Percy had stopped at the victim's home, unsolicited, and offered to replace the victim's roof shingles. 

Shortly after this, the victim agreed to a proposal that Percy drew-up, which required the victim to pay Percy several thousand dollars as a down payment with the remaining amount due upon completion of the job.  However, approximately one week after this agreement, Percy notified the victim that he needed another payment, which was subsequently paid to Percy. 

Despite these two payments, Percy failed to perform any work to the victim's roof. Subsequently, the victim began trying to speak with Percy about this matter and Percy's failure to perform the work.  This continued for approximately one month with nothing transpiring.  Eventually, Percy stopped contacting the victim, who has been unable to speak with him. 

At this time, Leonard Percy is being sought by VSP for questioning in regards to this investigation.  The investigation has revealed that Percy has possibly had several similar incidents throughout Franklin County.  Furthermore, Percy has been previously charged for home improvement fraud and is currently listed on the Vermont Attorney General's Home Improvement Fraud Registry.  The VSP would like to notify the public that this is a resource available to anyone and accessible on the Vermont Attorney General's website, so as to hopefully prevent such victimization from occurring. 

Finally, anyone who believes that they too have a similar complaint regarding Leonard Percy, whose business is known as Percy's Building Construction and who has not yet reported it, may contact VSP at (802) 524-5993, if they so choose.

« : June 09, 2010, 07:19:02 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : June 09, 2010, 07:19:45 PM »

I have just posted the Vermont State Police Report with the photo of Leonard Percy

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: