Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:16:51 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Local Business Announcements
| | |-+  Fairfax Fire Bridge Closure - Public Safety Message
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Fire Bridge Closure - Public Safety Message  ( 3456 )
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« : May 27, 2010, 09:56:43 AM »

As the June 7th bridge closure approaches we have noticed a significant increase in vehicular volume on Boissoneault Road.  We are confident those local residents who know the roads will exercise caution while traveling the new detour routes however, we all need to be aware that the Boissoneault Rd. Bridge is narrow and in the middle of an “S” turn which has a blind approach from each end.  Please enter the bridge slowly and cautiously.

This increase in traffic will also place a burden on the “Yield” from Boissoneault Rd. onto Fletcher road another intersection in the middle of a sweeping hill curve.  Turning left from Fletcher Rd. to River Rd. is always tricky due to oncoming vehicles cutting the corner in front of the church.  We are sure this will also lead to increased volume on the Goose Pond Bridge which is again narrow and normally only passable one vehicle at a time. 

The Fairfax Fire Department has established contingency plans for this detour event and is confident we are prepared and equipped to handle situations that will inevitably arise due to the construction.    We will work as quickly and efficiently to clear accidents from the roadways when they occur to keep traffic moving.  Please remember Boissoneault Road will be our primary route to access the lower village and everything south of that.  We will be entering these bottle-neck areas using ALL of our appropriate warning devices (slow, bright and loud) in an attempt to obtain yielded access and safe passage.

We ask that everyone slow down and use caution when in these detour areas. 

Justin Hayes
Deputy Chief
« : May 28, 2010, 04:40:16 PM Henry »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: