Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:06:10 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  104/Goose Pond Rd bridge
« previous next »
: [1]
: 104/Goose Pond Rd bridge  ( 4261 )
CLach
: 98

« : May 27, 2010, 09:13:58 AM »

I've been in Fairfax now for 3 years, each summer I see multiple kids jumping off the 104/Goose Pond Rd bridge into the river on these hot days....is there a history of this?  How deep is that water there?  Rocks?  Just concerned
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« #1 : May 27, 2010, 09:30:49 AM »

I have seen them there as well.  Don't know how deep the water is but it sure looks refreshing.  From a rescue stand point I hope that its depth is sufficient and they are all good swimmmers I would not want to  have to coordinate a rescue just above the damn.  I am sure there is a strong current through there.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : May 30, 2010, 02:02:50 PM »

People have been jumping there for years I did a time or two when I was in High School.  The water is pretty deep I have never hit bottom and we use to climb higher on the bridge and jump in.  You do need to be careful for the current though it can get very strong after it rains.  We haven't got much rain in the past week so I'm sure that it is as safe as it can be right now.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: