Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:27:27 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Soldier On Leave From War Zone
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Soldier On Leave From War Zone  ( 3781 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 19, 2010, 06:27:41 PM »

Fairfax, Vermont - May 19, 2010

"Being back home is a little surreal," said Capt. Miles Trudell of the Vt. National Guard. "It makes you appreciate it that much more what you have."

Trudell has a 16-month-old daughter and his wife Dana at home in Fairfax who he's visiting during a two-week leave from a tour in Afghanistan.

"Fighting the tears here and there because I know he has to go back," Dana Trudell said.

I expect there will be a video up on the WCAX Web Site later, but to read more on the interview with Capt. Miles Trudell who lives here in Fairfax, click on the following link:

« : May 20, 2010, 07:58:51 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
cedarman
: 370

« #1 : May 20, 2010, 06:32:53 AM »

Our 12 mo old daughter and I look forward to her mom coming home for leave, and at the same time, I dread the same feelings Dana has, knowing the time will pass too quickly.  Despite those feelings, I wouldn't give up a moment of this leave for the world.

Does anyone know how long it took Capt. Trudell to get back here?   I've heard it has taken some as long as 8 days traveling by available seats on military flights.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : May 20, 2010, 08:00:10 AM »

The video is now up also if you would like to view it at:

http://www.wcax.com/global/video.asp?clipId=4800295&autostart=true

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: