Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:08:39 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  How To Ruin A Kid's Easter
« previous next »
: [1]
: How To Ruin A Kid's Easter  ( 5645 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 29, 2010, 08:48:44 AM »

PEEPS!!

Yup!!  Never could stand those things, give me a nice hollow chocolate bunny anytime.  When I worked at Vermont Confectionery many years ago, I used to ship those stinking little yellow marshmallow chicks out to customers and thought then, "Some poor kid is sure going to be disappointed on Easter Morning when he or she gets these."

In the old days, M H Fishman used to have a big display of those chocolate Easter Bunnies (The Milk Chocolate Hollow Ones), that ranged from 25 cents to $1.00.  The best way I found to eat them was to start off by eating one of the ears.  They came packed in a separate carton with cellophane and were extremely fragile as nobody wanted to buy a broken chocolate bunny.

Was down in Hannafords the other day and almost brought Maryann and I each one home, you know to celebrate Easter and reminisce about the old days, however a look at today's prices made me completely forget about the "Old Days."

Henry Raymond
Linda
: 48

« #1 : March 29, 2010, 11:16:49 AM »

Laughed out loud when I read this, Henry--thanks for the chuckle! :)
trussell
: 870

« #2 : March 29, 2010, 12:09:14 PM »

A good use for leftover Peeps is to put one on a graham cracker, put a piece of chocolate on, and cover with another graham cracker and microwave it.... Winter S'Mores! :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : March 29, 2010, 12:11:05 PM »

Or just throw it in the garbage!!

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #4 : March 29, 2010, 12:19:04 PM »

I eat just about anything that's candy. Including peeps. If you don't like marshmellow, you won't like peeps.
Chocolate bunnies. Mmmmm..............

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
cowtchr
: 17

« #5 : March 29, 2010, 12:24:57 PM »

Watch out for the sugar-free ones.  I just read that too many in one sitting may have a laxative effect...
« : March 29, 2010, 12:29:43 PM cowtchr »
mirjo
: 785

« #6 : March 29, 2010, 12:58:38 PM »

Peeps will only ruin Easter if the recipient doesn't like marshmallow! While not exactly high quality marshmallow, I happen to like Peeps, though too many in one sitting is a belly-ache in the making! Chocolate bunnies have never been a favorite, but love those Starburst Jellybeans! Cadbury mini eggs used to be highly addicting, but I think they changed the formula a couple of years ago, because the eggs don't taste the same as they used to. However, I can't say I ever met an Easter Bunny with a basket I didn't appreciate! :-)

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Cat

« #7 : March 29, 2010, 01:25:19 PM »

Many children love Peeps. My daughter cannot get enough of them. Peeps have always been an Easter thing in our house.
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #8 : March 29, 2010, 01:42:51 PM »

My vote is for black jelly beans!!

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
special ED

« #9 : March 29, 2010, 02:23:54 PM »

cant eat none of that stuff now just had a 1000$ tooth fixed
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #10 : March 30, 2010, 04:27:48 PM »

Being Henry's Daughter, we did not have PEEPS!  Just kidding, we got some in our baskets.  Now I know why Dad never wanted them!

I LOVE the milk chocolate bunnies! And the Peanut Butter Eggs....... Mmmmmmmmm with that said I am off to the gym!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: