Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:36:15 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Some Odd E-Mails From Friends With Hotmail Addresses
« previous next »
: [1]
: Some Odd E-Mails From Friends With Hotmail Addresses  ( 3940 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 28, 2010, 08:03:18 AM »

A while back I received an odd e-mail from a Steve Crocker, somebody I don't know, but it had a bunch of people on it that I did know.  A few weeks later I started receiving some more odd e-mail from someone in Milton that I communicate with and then this past week, I have been receiving some odd e-mail from someone in Fairfax.  I believe that someway these computers have been infected with a Trojan virus that is copying their address book and sending these odd e-mails out.  I first heard about it a few months ago when someone sent me a note and said that they were discontinuing their Hotmail address because of this problem.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : March 28, 2010, 08:27:12 AM »

I got one from a Fairfax resident yesterday, then a followup saying they thought they had a virus. I ran the virus scan overnight and my computer was OK.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : March 28, 2010, 08:32:53 AM »

They have odd subject lines like Hi, Hello, or nothing in the subject line.  These are people that I communicate with frequently, so I don't want to identify them as spam mails.

Henry Raymond
cassyt
: 84

« #3 : March 28, 2010, 06:50:05 PM »

Hi about 2 weeks ago I got a virus have no idea where I got it some people were saying that facebook was passing a virus.so not sure were mine came from
Lilone
: 81

« #4 : March 29, 2010, 02:53:20 PM »

Facebook does carry viruses. Myself and Two coworkers got a virus while on facebook, within days of each other. Be careful about attachments you open on Facebook and also the people you accept as friends. Some viruses are made to look like a friend request and when you accept it, it takes over your page and hijacks your info.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #5 : March 30, 2010, 04:34:13 PM »

Clicking on links is the most popular way to get a virus on Facebook.  You will get things from a friend that say "Check this out" or "LOL" with a link.  Usually it goes to several people.  You can receive it on your Wall or in your Facebook Email. Either way remove it from your wall or delete the email without clicking on it and you should be fine.

Always important to keep you antivirus up to date and ALWAYS running.  Scan your entire drive once a week, and remember if it doesn't look like something that person would send or do, they probably didn't.......

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: