Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:53:34 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  REV. ELIZABETH AND JENNIFER CHAMBERLIN VISIT NICARAGUA
« previous next »
: [1]
: REV. ELIZABETH AND JENNIFER CHAMBERLIN VISIT NICARAGUA  ( 3316 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 14, 2004, 07:22:33 PM »

The above mural was painted in the woman's center of Women in Action, a women's group in La Primavera, Managua, Nicaragua, which Jennifer Chamberlin and Rev. Elizabeth visited at the end of July.

Jennifer painted the mural which depicts the volcano Momotombe and a  snow-covered Vermont peak connected by a river which springs from a waterfall in the volcano.  Her intent was to show the connection through support and mutual concern that the members of the project share with friends in Vermont and New Hampshire.

Rev. Elizabeth was able to meet with the young man she sponsors and visit with friends she made last year and Jennifer taught many how to make friendship bracelets.  She also learned how to carve jicaro gourds, a traditional Nicaraguan art form.

Five of the women will be visiting Fairfax in early fall (Oct 10) to perform traditional Nicaraguan folk dances.  The group's organizers, Michael Boudreau and Ana Narvaez, have visited the area and made presentations about their work previously.

This will be the first time the dance troupe has travelled to the US to perform.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: