Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:20:14 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  My Thermometer Hit 58.8 Degrees Around 2 P.M. - Sweater Weather
« previous next »
: [1]
: My Thermometer Hit 58.8 Degrees Around 2 P.M. - Sweater Weather  ( 4628 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 11, 2010, 04:11:59 PM »

The Mail Carrier came and I checked the thermometer and actually went out and got my mail with just my sweater on - Not sure I would want to hang around out there for a long time dressed that way, but nice not to have to wipe the snow off my shoes or put on a jacket.

I am not quite as warm blooded as some of our young teenagers downtown.  Was down at Steeple's yesterday and one young BFA Sports Player came in with just shorts and a BFA Tanktop.  He had apparently been in the Gym, he said and came down to get a snack.  I was shivering for him.

Was communicating with a friend of mine in Florida and telling him it was spring up here - He emailed me the Florida Version of Spring:

Tornado Warning 

Statement as of 10:42 AM EST on March 11, 2010 ( Second one this morning)

The National Weather Service in Jacksonville has issued a

* Tornado Warning for... Marion County in northern Florida

* until 1130 am EST

* at 1042 am EST... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated a line of severe thunderstorms capable of producing a tornado along a line extending from Ocala Airport to Silver Springs Shores... or along a line extending from 7 miles west of Ocala to Lynne... moving east at 30 mph.

* Other locations in the warning include but are not limited to Ocala Airport... Moss Bluff... Ocala... Anthony... Sparr... Lynne... Juniper Springs... Fort McCoy... Salt Springs and Orange Springs.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

In addition to the tornado... this storm is capable of producing  quarter size hail and destructive straight line winds.

When a Tornado Warning is issued based on Doppler radar... it means that strong rotation has been detected in the storm. A tornado may already be on the ground... or is expected to develop shortly. If you are in the path of this dangerous storm... move indoors and to the lowest level of the building. Stay away from windows. If driving... do not seek shelter under a Highway overpass.

Seek shelter on the lowest floor of the building in an interior hallway or room such as a closet. Use blankets or pillows to cover your body and always stay away from windows.

81 DEGREES YESTERDAY & TWO TORNADO WARNINGS THIS MORNING,,,,,,,,,, IT MUST BE SPRING AT LAST!
OOOPPPPSSS A THIRD 'WATCH' IN OUR COUNTY JUST WENT OFF,,,,,,and we don't have a cellar!!!!

Only a Floridian would see humor in a Tornado Warning - I can't imagine us reacting this way up here, especially if I lived on Route 104A where I know of at least 3 Tornados that have occurred.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : March 11, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »

This morning, about 6:30am, I passed a jogger in shorts headed north on Main Street.
Oddly, I still haven't seen a robin.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
special ED

« #2 : March 11, 2010, 05:36:55 PM »

I guess the older you get the more clothes you need to put on
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : March 12, 2010, 01:08:24 AM »

Anchorage hit a high of 15F I think. Wind too.
At least it stopped snowing.

trussell
: 870

« #4 : March 12, 2010, 08:32:40 AM »

I guess the older you get the more clothes you need to put on

Judging from what some teenagers wear, Ed, I'd say you're right! :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: