Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:36:57 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  BFA Fairfax & Town of Fairfax seeking community support
« previous next »
: [1]
: BFA Fairfax & Town of Fairfax seeking community support  ( 4105 )
Wormerod
: 44

« : April 17, 2006, 11:12:53 AM »

The Town of Fairfax is currently requesting that BFA Fairfax be considered for inclusion in the Safe Routes to School Program. Letters of support from interested individuals or organizations are currently being solicited on the schools behalf. Letters of support will be filed with the official application to the Vermont Agency of Transportation.
For more information, please see below.

SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL
Community participation and support is encouraged for the Safe Routes to School Program, which Fairfax is applying for.
This program (SR2S) is federally funded, and integrates elements of transportation, economics, health, physical activity, environmental awareness and safety into one program. If Fairfax is selected, the program will provide support in the form of funding and services, to actively promote walking and bicycling by students and will identify and fund infrastructure projects to make this possible. The program will be closely integrated with other school-based health initiatives, and is guided by a task force representing a broad interest including the Vt. Dept. of Health, Education, Housing and Community Affairs, The Governor's Highway Safety Program,  American Heart Association, Vt. Bicycle and Pedestrian Coalition, Vt. Forum on Sprawl, Regional Planning organizations, parents, schools, and is administered by the Vt. Agency of Transportation.
Fairfax is in a good position to be selected for this program, as many of the elements required for acceptance are in place, including support by the Selectboard and School Board, existing Wellness program in the school, studies indicating problematic infrastructure, and plans for improving infrastructure. One very important element is the support of the community. If you have an interest in participating, contact Colleen Steen, 849-6940, csteen@pshift.com

Here is a link to an informational pamphlet on the program.

http://www.aot.state.vt.us/progdev/documents/ltf/safe%20routes%20to%20school/sr2strifoldfinal.pdf

Bill Ormerod
Wormerod

« #1 : May 01, 2006, 10:04:43 AM »

Today is the final day to submit a letter of support for this very important program.

For those in the community that have already submitted your letters of support for BFA-Fairfax's inclusion in this fantastic program, I would like to extend a heart felt "Thank You”!!!!!

Without your commitment and support, our community would not even be considered for the Safe Routes to School program.

Again, My Personal thanks to each of you, and I will post again on this topic with the results of our bid to participate in this program.

Bill Ormerod
Wormerod

« #2 : May 23, 2006, 07:43:51 AM »

For those that are interested in this project, I wanted to let you know that the state Agency of Transportation will be making their selections this week (Thursday). We should know the outcome on Friday May 26th.

There were a total of 39 communities statewide who applied for inclusion in this program. Four applications were from Franklin/Grand Isle counties. A.O.T. will be selecting between 12 and 13 applicants.

Hopefully I will be able to provide more news on Friday.

Till then, I have my fingers crossed.

Bill Ormerod
Wormerod

« #3 : June 06, 2006, 02:19:12 PM »

Well, It has taken a little longer than I expected, and I still have not received "Official" confirmation.

However; I have it from a reliable source that the community of Fairfax has been selected for the Safe Routes to School program!!!!!!

A confirmation letter is apparently on it's way to us, but I couldn't wait to share the news.

Congratulations to the entire community, and a big "Thank You" for everyone’s contributions in our successful Bid.

Bill Ormerod
: [1]  
« previous next »
: