Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:30:24 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Reviews
| | |-+  Anyone have Surfglobal or Globalnet ?
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Anyone have Surfglobal or Globalnet ?  ( 32427 )
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #15 : September 14, 2010, 04:49:48 PM »

another satisfied customer here
Torrie Dennis
: 53

« #16 : September 15, 2010, 01:17:55 PM »

We had GlobalNet installed on Monday and we have had no problems so far. We had dial up before this, so in January we decided to go with wildblue, we rec'd our equipment but when the installer arrived we couldn't get a signal. So We returned the equipment for a refund. It took until August and 10 phone calls for them to refund our 99.95 we put down.  After we rec'd the refund they turned around and withdrew the 99.95 again still waiting for that refund. Their customer service is terrible. We went with hughes net instead. Even though it was better then dial up, we really couldn't do what we wanted to online because of their download usage limit.  We still have Hughes net because of the contract we entered but we downgraded to their lowest package and picked up Globalnet. We are saving money with having both and are very happy we are able to do whatever we want on the internet.
khort
: 149

« #17 : September 15, 2010, 01:57:33 PM »

Globalnet customer for a couple of years and have been happy with the service. We did have to have the dish repositioned due to some tree growth blocking the signal but to no fault of theirs and they repositioned and didnt charge.
rwing180
: 98

« #18 : September 15, 2010, 08:10:51 PM »

I have had it for several years. Have had great customer service when I have spoken with them regarding my connection or any other questions. I highly recommend them !!! 
Darryl
: 8

« #19 : September 28, 2010, 01:51:11 PM »

We've had it about a week now.  It's been decent thus far.  We're on the Silver plus plan (the highest we could get), which is supposed to be up to 2.0mpbs.  The fastest I've experienced though has been 1.6mpbs.  It's still usable, checking mail and basic web surfing are fine.  Netflix is so-so.  It typically buffers every 15-20 minutes.  The installer said that they are going through upgrades and come November things should get better.  Overall I guess I can't complain, we have no options other than satellite, and I'm sure this is far better.

Thanks to all who posted feedback, I truly appreciate it.
fletchtb
: 310

« #20 : September 28, 2010, 02:32:53 PM »

It is weird. I am on the silver plan (pointed to Mount Mansfiield) and rarely see speeds below 2.75 Mbps. I have watched probably 15 movies on Netflix in the last month and never had it buffer in the middle of watching the movie.

I am watching movies on my laptop. My internet is coming into a $20 Belkin router and I watch netflix wirelessly from that.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #21 : December 03, 2010, 01:23:08 PM »

I should check into Global Net as my DSL stinks; my Dad's works great though next door.  I cannot even stream a NetFlix movie; so cancelled that.  I can't use it for a VPN connection to work as it drops so much now.  They have been here 3 times and still haven't fixed it.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #22 : December 04, 2010, 11:04:17 PM »

Ahhhhhhh, VPN, hate it and love it,

I have a better VPN here in Anchorage vs Palmer and I use the wireless up in the wife's domain here at the homestead.

Mary Kay, you and I only know what VPN is... our secret!
trussell
: 870

« #23 : December 05, 2010, 02:58:53 AM »

MK, I use surfglobal and VPN all the time with no problems- and I only have the silver plan.  Is it available for you? Their installer was great and customer service is awesome!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Darryl
: 8

« #24 : January 29, 2011, 10:48:45 PM »

Just a little update in case anyone else is contemplating going with them.  Our service seems to have gotten worse and worse over time.  It really isn't usable for much other than basic browsing, Netflix is completely unusable.  I just did a speedtest and was .35 down.  I actually disable the wifi on my iPhone at home because the AT&T service is much faster than what I'm getting from Globalnet.  I've heard that Fairpoint is supposed to be out to our area this spring.  As soon as I have a viable option I'll be jumping ship.  I'm really not happy with the service at all, but when it's your only option you're kind of stuck.
ASDuling
: 75

« #25 : January 30, 2011, 11:58:34 AM »

We're expecting to be set up with FairPoint any day now and live in North Fairfax. The signal is sent from the box near the I-89 underpass and runs through the phone lines, not a designated DSL line. I'm not sure how many household phones are run out of that box but if you're in the northern part of Fairfax it may be worth a call to FairPoint.
khort
: 149

« #26 : January 31, 2011, 10:07:51 AM »

Darryl, I suggest giving them a call. We had to have our dish realigned when service slowed down. Now works great and have been very pleased with the speed.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: