Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:59:25 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Vermont News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Two Vermont Skiers Missing In The State Of Washington
« previous next »
: [1]
: Two Vermont Skiers Missing In The State Of Washington  ( 4587 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 05, 2010, 12:46:44 PM »

CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN, Wash. -- With daylight Friday a helicopter is joining the search for two missing skiers at the Crystal Mountain resort on the east side of Mount Rainier National Park.

Pierce County sheriff's Deputy Dan Hudson says the two men from Seattle were reported overdue Thursday night, and the Ski Patrol found the car early Friday in a parking lot.

Searchers followed tracks in the snow into an out-of-bounds area that led into Yakima County, so the Yakima County sheriff's office has been called in.

Hudson says the two men carried avalanche beacons and are wearing ski clothing with sensors that also may be detected with tracking equipment.

The two are reportedly college students originally from Vermont.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : March 05, 2010, 02:04:23 PM »

CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN, Wash. -- Two two missing skiers at the Crystal Mountain resort near Mount Rainier National Park are OK.

Yakima County sheriff's Sgt. Gerrold Towell says they walked out Friday to a ranger station.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: