Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:16:38 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Dishwasher woes
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dishwasher woes  ( 4959 )
Corm
: 65

« : February 28, 2010, 11:13:05 AM »

My dishwasher died this week. Won't empty the water out of it. I've looked at the easy stuff - made sure the drain isn't plugged, and checked the screen in front of the pump. All looks clear. Does anyone know someone local in town that works on these? I could go back to where I bought it 10 years ago, but I'd rather do business with someone local if I can.

If this post isn't appropriate, please delete it and accept my apologies. If it is OK, I can be reached at 849-6140. Thanks in advance

Corm
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : February 28, 2010, 12:13:36 PM »

Nothing wrong with the post Ed - I usually get my appliances repaired at Thibault & Sons in St. Albans - They are very good for repairs as well as if you are buying new appliances - Sometimes go to Total Home to purchase also as I dealt with George Berno for years who now works part time up there.

Maryann had to look through her files to find Thibault & Sons name as we both had senior moments - Love those Golden years.

Henry Raymond
al brodeur
: 216

« #2 : February 28, 2010, 03:07:02 PM »

If you have hard water this could be part of your problem, it happened on my sons the drain hose has a loop in it and it was plugged with calcium now he runs a Little vinegar with each load, this may not be your problem though
Corm
: 65

« #3 : February 28, 2010, 07:13:54 PM »

I found my problem just a few minutes ago. It was a piece of a broken wine glass that had lodged itself in front of the pump intake. I had looked at that pump intake several times, and never saw it. I checked it 'one last time' by seeing if i could get my finger in there, and I cut myself on the piece of glass. I removed it, and now all is well. My wife is happy, life is good again.

Henry, thanks for the info you passed along about those folks in St Albans. i will keep that info for future reference.

Corm

fletchtb
: 310

« #4 : February 28, 2010, 07:25:19 PM »

I would just add that I have bought appliances from both Thibault and Sons as well as the Total Home Center. Thibault and Sons does service our appliances and does a good job. Their prices on appliances are a little on the high side. I have found the Total Home Center willing to match prices from stores in Chiitenden County and they have gotten more of my business lately.

Glad to hear you found the problem Corm. The price of a Band-Aid is certainly easier to swallow than the price of a whole new dishwasher.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #5 : February 28, 2010, 07:39:24 PM »

For many years Maryann and I bought all of our appliances from Bob & George Berno.  They had a place on Lake Street and when they went out of business, George went to work for Total Home.  George is probably one of the most honest salesmen I have ever known.  He handled the maintenance end of the business at Bernos.  If I had a problem with something he would ask me to look at different things before he sent a maintenance tech out and a number of times it wasn't necessary to do so.

George is getting up in years now and doesn't work every day, but like Todd says, it is good to go to several different stores and they will generally match the other's prices.  Irregardless of who you go to, repair is expensive.

Can't remember what Corm did at IBM before he retired, but if you see a big tall guy riding a bright shiny spotless motorcycle (Black I think) around town in the summer, that would be Corm, or I know him as Ed, a super nice guy.   Glad you found the problem Ed and saved yourself a few bucks.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: